We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Airport

niles
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun Airport

We will be arriving on Friday.. How has Immigration and customs been moving this past week? We were there in February and it was awful-over 2 hrs.

7 replies to this topic
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun Airport

It is just fine.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun Airport

We usually go first week of Dec, and usually we are the only flight arriving in the hall, terminal 3 and it's quick.

We went first week of March and it was like 2.5 hrs to get thru. No room in the hall and people waiting on the escalators, that had to be turned off. I never knew the Spring Break crowds could be to intense.

manchester
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun Airport

I’ve been twice in May and experienced what the last post described. Queuing on the escalators and over 2 hours to get through. And that was without spring break. By far the worst airport for arriving I have ever been to. However I love the dominos and Starbucks in departures so all is forgiven 😊

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun Airport

Today Saturday afternoon the airport was crowded but the lines moved as fast as ever. About 30 from landing to the outside of the airpot.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,801 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun Airport

No one can really tell you how it will be when you arrive. Too many variables. As said in the various posts, it can be from a very short wait up to a two hour wait.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
912 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun Airport

I went to Cancun last month & was out of the airport about 30 min after landing (the plane landed at 12:45pm). The longest part of the wait was for our luggage. We talked to people at our resort who arrived the same day but a few hours later, it took them over 2 hours to get out of the airport.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
252 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun Airport

Our arrivals at CUN have never been more than 45 minutes, but we’ve had departures that took 2+hours with lines at ticketing kiosks and security.

Reply to: Cancun Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted