We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun better than ever!

denver,co
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
26 reviews
Cancun better than ever!

At the Paradisus with my 2 daughters 8 and 13. My 13th trip to Cancun. First time with my kiddos. Plane was packed. Airport was packed. Same ol Cancun I've known for the last 20 years. Ya, maybe too much seaweed but all and all still the best getaway bang for your buck in the world. A little early to do a full review but no bad vibes.

This place is truly Paradise.

39 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Cancun better than ever!

Cheers to a great post! We need more post like this from travelers like yourself who frequent the area regularly. Enjoy your 13th trip!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Cancun better than ever!

Thank you for the uplifting post!!!! I will be there in October. I also just read an article they are starting a new seaweed collection process so I am very hopeful for my trip. Have a great time. Please post if you leave your resort

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40,943 posts
662 reviews
3. Re: Cancun better than ever!

Thanks for sharing! How is the water right now? Did the Red Tide hit over there?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: Cancun better than ever!

Jordan, I don’t think the red tide is in Mexico, I was just reading that’s only in Florida so far. It’s simply large amounts of seaweed in Cancun all the way down to Tulum. They are starting a new process to collect the seaweed before getting on shore. I am not sure exactly when that starts. I think really soon. Hopefully by the time you come the issue will be better contained.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
450 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Cancun better than ever!

Wow well that would be great!

San Luis Potosi...
Level Contributor
921 posts
92 reviews
6. Re: Cancun better than ever!

So nice to hear someone is actually enjoying their time in Cancun.

Montreal
Level Contributor
319 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: Cancun better than ever!

Great to hear. I was getting afraid to go!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: Cancun better than ever!

Plus one for post #6.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40,943 posts
662 reviews
9. Re: Cancun better than ever!

"I don’t think the red tide is in Mexico, I was just reading that’s only in Florida so far. It’s simply large amounts of seaweed in Cancun all the way down to Tulum. "

Ok glad to hear!

denver,co
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
26 reviews
10. Re: Cancun better than ever!

Took the bus to Captain Hooks dinner cruise last night. Stopped to do some shopping here and there on the way. Never did I feel unsafe. Bus drivers were helpful telling us were to go. Daughter even left her bag on the bus. A nice lady got up to us to give it back.

One thing to point out. The water on the other half of the hotel zone (top of the 7) was very calm and without seaweed. Our resort Paradisus and up and down, is not possible to swim with all the seaweed.

Halfway through our trip. Xel-ha then Isla Mujeras next. Perfect (besides seaweed) so far.

Reply to: Cancun better than ever!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted