We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost to take ferry to Isla Mujeres

Arizona
Level Contributor
49 posts
33 reviews
Cost to take ferry to Isla Mujeres

Need to know where the different ferry locations are and current cost of each ferry to Isla Mureres from Cancun. I will be staying in the hotel zone around 14.5 km

7 replies to this topic
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,620 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Cost to take ferry to Isla Mujeres

granpuerto.com.mx

Playa Tortugas may be a good option for you.

Edited: 04 August 2018, 05:56
Pune, India
4 posts
2. Re: Cost to take ferry to Isla Mujeres

From Puerto Juarez, Cancun, you can take a ferrt for around 250 Pesos to Isla Mujeres.

For pictures, you can go through below link :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKQYEQr-GcA

St Louis
Level Contributor
213 posts
57 reviews
3. Re: Cost to take ferry to Isla Mujeres

We took a public bus to Playa Tortugas last week from the hotel zone. The Ultramar ferry has a ticket office right after you get off the bus. I believe it was $19 round trip for the ferry. It leaves Playa Tortugas on the hour and returns from Isla are on the half hour. We got on the 9am ferry. If you’re interested in renting golf carts, they have people walking around on the ferry selling. It was $45 for the day for a cart for four people. It was a short walk from the docks. Hope this helps!

Arizona
Level Contributor
49 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Cost to take ferry to Isla Mujeres

Thanks for your suggestion! Do you recall what it costs to ride the public bus?

denver,co
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Cost to take ferry to Isla Mujeres

12 pesos

denver,co
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Cost to take ferry to Isla Mujeres

Ya know. I was going to take a bus to Puerto jaurez and take the ferry. But I talked to the people at aqua world this morning. They talked me into just booking with them. The bus from Paradisus is 30 plus minutes and is the cheapest way to go. But.... for $180, 3 of us can take an air conditioned taxi, take the ferry,, snorkel, swim with sharks, and have an all inclusive place on the beach. Plus for $35 still rent a golf cart. Ya, maybe $70 to $80 more but think it's worth it. Just talk to the reps when you get there. It's so hot here right now. Convince is worth it sometimes.

Somis, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Cost to take ferry to Isla Mujeres

We took the ferry from playa tortugas and it was $19, during the ferry ride they offer golf cart rentals to ride around the island. We paid $40 for 6 hours which I thought was a good deal because last year they charged us the same price for renting the golf cart for two hours. I recommend getting the golf cart if you want to explore the island.

Reply to: Cost to take ferry to Isla Mujeres
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted