We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun for One Night

Walnut Creek...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun for One Night

My wife and I are arriving in Cancun in mid-November around 5pm and staying only one night. We're picking up my daughter and a rental car the following morning and heading to Tulum. We are looking for recommendations for a hotel. We won't have any beach time, so an expensive resort doesn't make any sense to us. We would like a clean, comfortable hotel with a pool, near a good area to walk around in the evening, and that's a reasonable cab ride to and from the airport. Thanks for any suggestions you can send our way.

3 replies to this topic
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
7,597 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun for One Night

44 Motown, well I don't think this checks all of your criteria, especially the walking around neighborhood portion. There are two hotels near the Cancun Airport colon Courtyard by Marriott which has a pool and restaurant attached, or Comfort Inn which is the more economical of the two. Both of these will actually offer airport shuttle service transportation to pick you up from the airport to take you to the hotel for the night. However neither of these are really in a walking area, as you are basically on the road between the Cancun airport, and downtown El Centro Cancun.

If you really do want a hotel in an area for walking, then you are probably looking at something in the hotel Zone at a higher turn night cost, and would also require either private or shared ground Transportation Arrangements. I guess the other option might be staying in the Pto. Morelos area, which is about 20 minutes south of the Cancun Airport. However Puerto Morelos would also require private or shared ground transportation arrangements.

Highly recommended ground transportation companies would include USA transfers, Canada transfers, Carm, amongst others. You did not ask, but an excellent car rental company would be Isis. Margarita the owner quotes all in prices, so there are no last-second upgrades or price increases at the rental counter. I hope this helps, safe travels.

¡Diviértanse!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37,749 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun for One Night

I'd stay near the airport in this case at a hotel.

Southern California
Level Contributor
15,092 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun for One Night

I would and have stayed in Puerto Morelos, last stay the hotel I used had gone downhill so will not recommend it, but Hacienda Morelos is popular with folks, including friends who just got back two days ago and has a pool and included breakfast. Has shops and restaurants to walk around to, also in November Alma Libre bookstore should be open again (closed in summer and early fall).

Reply to: Cancun for One Night
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted