We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive resorts in cancun

Sauk Centre...
1 post
All inclusive resorts in cancun

Trying to decide from 3 resorts to bring our adult children food,nice beach is more important than nightlife. My choices are panama jack, rui peninsula or the golden parnassus any opinions would be appreciated.

10 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: All inclusive resorts in cancun

Just returned from Panama jack and loved it !! Excellent food and beach and the staff and hospitality is superb 😊

denver,co
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: All inclusive resorts in cancun

I stayed at the Peninsula last year. It was awesome. Buffet was the best I have ever had. I'm leaving for Cancun in the morning. Was going to book the Peninsula again but my buddy talked me inti trying the Paradisus. They have this family concierge upgrade with private Butler. He says it's the only place he will ever stay in Cancun now.

I've been to Cancun a dozen times over 20 years. I can't speak for or your other 2 choices but the Peninsula was my favorite so far. I'll let you know in 7 days if the Paradisus is better.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: All inclusive resorts in cancun

Golden Parnassus has a great beach but food is mediocre.

If nightlife is not important, there are great deals north of Cancun at Playa Mujeres. We stayed at Riu Dunamar in March and going to Grand Palladium Playa Mujeres in January.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
739 posts
1 review
4. Re: All inclusive resorts in cancun

Well, I was going to say that Panama Jack is in Playa del Carmen - but then I realized that there is also one in Cancun. It used to be another resort --- does anyone know which?

We've stayed at Golden Parnassus twice --- nice because it's adult only, great beach -- but probably dull for young adults. I've heard the resort called "spring break for old fartz" and that isn't far from the truth.

I'd probably go with RIU Palace Peninsula. Not adult only, but they do have an adult section, which would be an upgrade. (costing more) But even standard room -- much nicer resort than Golden Parnassus (although we liked the GP) with better food and booze, and probably service -- and more to do.

Not sure about the Panama Jack - but I'd guess RIU is nicer.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
418 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: All inclusive resorts in cancun

Sunnyface, it was Gran Caribe Cancun before and rebranded as Panama Jack a few months ago.

denver,co
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: All inclusive resorts in cancun

If it's the old Riu Caribe then Peninsula is waaaaay better.

St. Paul, MN, US
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
136 reviews
7. Re: All inclusive resorts in cancun

We stayed at Golden Parnassus in 2012 so it's been a while but the "Spring Break for old guys" posted in #4 was my experience. It's on a gorgeous stretch of the hotel zone beach - right next to big $$ resorts like the Ritz and Secrets The Vine. It's close to the airport so you will maximize your vacation time instead of a long drive to/from the airport. When we were there, the activities staff was great and there were lots of things going on all day (water volleyball, regular volleyball, water aerobics, evening shows, etc.) which were fun. I thought the food was fine for the (budget) price we paid. They had a lot of cooking stations so things were done fresh and it was possible to get items done the way you wanted them. The major downsides for us were the "old guys gone wild" behavior of guests and, now that we've stayed a more upscale place, the variety of food choices.

Villa Ridge...
Level Contributor
135 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: All inclusive resorts in cancun

Can only speak for RPP, we were there in April and it was amazing. Food was great, service was exceptional. Views from the main hotel are breathtaking, but we stayed in the adult only villas and loved having the less crowded pool with our own server.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
105 posts
9. Re: All inclusive resorts in cancun

Been to RPP 3 times now and i love this resort . Cant go wrong with it .

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: All inclusive resorts in cancun

derek r, the Gran Caribe (now Panama Jack), is NOT the old Riu Caribe. Totally different resort, well located right next to the Hyatt Zilara.. Awhile back when Hyatt Zilara was The Royal in Cancun, they were sister resorts, sort of like the Gran Porto Real in Playa del Carmen (now the Panama Jack Playa del Carmen), and Royal Playa del Carmen , with guests of the Royal having access to the sister resorts, but not, for the most part, the other way around.. That exchange privilege no longer exists in the Cancun resorts. Sorry, can't speak to that re the ones in Playa.

Reply to: All inclusive resorts in cancun
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted