We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suitable for moody teens

Essex
Level Contributor
163 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suitable for moody teens

We have visited Mexico a few times and stayed at Riviera Maya which was fantastic- but our boys were young then and easily pleased. I want to go next year but feel Cancun will be more appropriate for a 14 and 16 year old who are both addicted to their PS4 games. Can anyone suggest a central hotel that has water slides and maybe games rooms and internet cafe? Not high end but a good standard. Thanks

25 replies to this topic
NY
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suitable for moody teens

Check out moon palace or sandos playacar. If you stay at sandos playacar, you can visit sandos caracol for the cost of taxi ride. That one has a waterpark but would be good for a day visit.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 22:35
NY
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suitable for moody teens

PS I have a 13 and 15 year old with the same thing.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
738 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suitable for moody teens

I agree with Moon --- or Barceló Maya, because they are large resorts with lots going on. I'd also consider putting limits on technology time, just so they don't do that through their whole vacation. They'd regret it later, even though they'd never tell you. I'd make them get their nose out of their games and phones for some of the trip.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suitable for moody teens

Take a look at Club Med Cancun, which has some amazing supervised teen activities (circus school with trapeze, and other sports) that might interest them more than video games — but they have a teen club house with video games so they don’t have to go through total withdrawal....

https://www.clubmed.us/r/Cancun-Yucatan/y…

Harbor Springs, MI
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suitable for moody teens

Leave them home hotel

Southern California
Level Contributor
15,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel suitable for moody teens

Greybar Hotel

Level Contributor
294 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel suitable for moody teens

What #5 said!

What a waste for them to even go. Is that what a 'family vacation' is these days ?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
789 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel suitable for moody teens

Haven’t been but Hard Rock Riviera looks like lots of stuff for teens.

9. Re: Hotel suitable for moody teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 August 2018, 22:41
Edited: 03 August 2018, 22:41

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,807 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel suitable for moody teens

Nothing for kids that age at Hard Rock Rivera Maya, been there. . Just a bunch of little SCREAMING kids.

Personally, I'd pick the hotel you want and make em hang out w the other kids at the resort. Here are some good choices that I've been to that will have lots of kids your kids age . My 3 girls are currently, 17,17, 21 that have been raised in Cancun. Anyhow,,,,,

Mid end, Sea Dust, Crown Paradise Riu Caribe.... Upper mid price range, Fiesta Americana Condesa, Beach Palace, Hard Rock Cancun

Edited: 03 August 2018, 22:46
Reply to: Hotel suitable for moody teens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted