We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food

Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Food

I am looking for a great place with authentic mexican food in the hotel zone. Nothing gourmet please.

Tora Mexico
₹₹₹₹, Japanese, Seafood, International
Restaurante Careyes
₹₹₹₹, Fusion, Seafood
7 replies to this topic
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food

Next to the Catholic Church in the Hotel Zone there's a place called Carnitas Michoacan. Try it. We like it.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37,749 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food

Are you looking at a particular resort or the area itself?

Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food

I will be staying at Dreams Sands. I am looking to go off resort to try authentic mexican food.

Illinois
Level Contributor
373 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food

Casa Tequila is right across the street from Dreams Sands and is very good, also across the street and down a bit towards hooters is a mexican/seafood place called Calypso's. Really good and a short walk from your resort. 2 for 1 margaritas in the afternoon. They open at noon.

Monroe CT
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food

Casa De Los Abeulos! It was recommended to us as a place that local eat. Reminded me of a US fancy Diner. Food was amazing and reasonably priced. There is more than one location

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,469 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food

I would take the bus to the center and explore a bit. That is where you will find the small authentic places, not the Hotel Zone. Doubt many locals ever eat in the Hotel Zone.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
389 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food

Our favorite is Pik Nik it is not in the hotel zone but you can take the public bus there, very easy to do and great food!!!!

Reply to: Food
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted