We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Grand Moon Palace restaurants recommendations

2 posts
Save Topic
The Grand Moon Palace restaurants recommendations

Hi,

Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 young kids) are going to Grand Moon Palace for 7 nights. Can anyone recommend some of the good restaurants to us? I saw there are many restaurants in Grand section as well as the other two sections. Which restaurants are the must try for our 7 nights visit? We would like to try different restaurant everyday.

Thank you so much!

Mentioned in this post
Moon Palace Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun
26,220 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Tora Mexico
₹₹₹₹, Japanese, Seafood, International
Restaurante Careyes
₹₹₹₹, Fusion, Seafood
7 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
179 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Grand Moon Palace restaurants recommendations

So many restaurants, somlittle time 😄

We thought the food was markedly better than Sunrise/Nizuc, so with that said our family’s preferences were -

1). Tavola - Pizza, pasta, typical Italian. So, so good. Ask for the daily specials.

2). JC Steakhouse - Make sure you try truffled anything, the chocolate lava cake, and a brownitini (for you, not the kids).

3). La Cantina - Great guacamole and tacos. Lots of little plates to try. Get a cadillac margarita and the churros for dessert.

4). Cusco - Buffet for breakfast is much better than the main buffet.

5). Schwarma truck at the waterpark - Delicious!

Edited: 02 August 2018, 06:28
Mentioned in this post
NIZUC Resort and Spa
NIZUC Resort and Spa
2,794 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Loudoun County...
Level Contributor
458 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Grand Moon Palace restaurants recommendations

We’ve stayed at all three sections and here are our favorites:

Sunrise: Momo (Japanese hibachi)

Nizuc: Las Caporales (Mexican)

Grand: JC Steakhouse

Our friends absolutely loved the Italian restaurant at the golf section but the men/boys need pants and we forgot to pack those :(

But our favorite place of all was the Boulangerie at Grand. They sell desserts of all kinds: crepes, gelato, cookies, candy, macarons, fresh fruit, coffee, and sandwiches. We went there every night after dinner or before a show. It was a great place to just sit and relax befoe heading back to our room.

Mentioned in this post
NIZUC Resort and Spa
NIZUC Resort and Spa
2,794 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Grand Moon Palace restaurants recommendations

I heard that there is a new restaurant called the Grill. Located at the base of the Elite sales office. It is Argentinian food.

Note to m3guys- food at Boulangerie is not for sell. It is all part of the all inclusive price paid while staying there. I am guessing you did not mean to say for sell.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
138 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Grand Moon Palace restaurants recommendations

Eat everything and everywhere, j/k. Some of the a la carte options at Grand (chateau, JC, Habibi, cielito lindo) approach Michelin level quality.

Loudoun County...
Level Contributor
458 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Grand Moon Palace restaurants recommendations

Oops, thanks, sun2994. I meant to say “offer” instead of sell. Either way, I would pay anything for just one more scoop of their coconut gelato and pistachio macarons 🤤

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Grand Moon Palace restaurants recommendations

My3guys- I loved the Mojito chocolates at Boulangerie(with a cuppaccino). I brought a few home. I will have to try their Coconut gelato when I am back in Nov.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 06:40
NYC
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Grand Moon Palace restaurants recommendations

Here's our favorite restaurants:

The Grill -- I forgot what they call it in spanish, it's ribeye steak. Have it rare or medium rare. It's one of the best steaks I've ever had, rivals Keen's steakhouse in NYC. That impressive. This place doesn't need reservations unlike JC Steakhouse, and I find it better than JC Steakhouse anyways. Had it 5 times during our 8 day stay. Also order their lasagna which is outstanding at The Grill.

Tavola -- Italian -- order the squid ink pasta. Insane. I was very surprised, it beats the best squid ink pasta I've had in NYC. Ai Fiori was #1, now this place is. Yeah, no joke. Thin crust wood oven pizza is actually pretty good here. Not as good as coal oven Julianna's pizza, as a New Yorker, I can actually call it a pizza and eat it.

JC Steakhouse -- reserve your dinner reservations, they go out really quick. We only been able to dine there for lunch, couldn't grab it for dinner throughout our 8 day stay. Yeah, that nuts even though we are black diamond members. Spent my RC on the Tomahawk ribeye, it's very good, still prefer The Grill ribeye.

Jade -- Asian -- Pretty darn good. Their tapas stuff is excellent.

Habibi -- haven't found any outstanding dishes here, tried it once.

La Cantina -- Mexican -- if you're American, avoid, this is legit mexican, not Mexican-American cuisine -- bland, needs serious salt for flavor. Any dishes with de mole is really good in terms of legit mex cuisine.

Grand Buffet is good for breakfast and lunch only. Dinner is okay, just not phenomenal like the other restaurants. It gets crazy crowded. Cusco offers breakfast buffet, far less crowded but also 1/3 less options.

Didn't had a chance to try the caribbean, cielito lindo, or le chateau. Will try those on next visit.

What others said is spot on. Each of these restaurants are like 1 star Michelin rated, and one of their dishes is 2 or 3 star level. Truly amazing and impressive from an all-inclusive.

Swimming pool bar -- chicken strips and burgers are cooked perfectly. Fried just right. Burgers medium rare and juicy to the point that you need napkins to soak up all the juices.

The room service menu is on the TV which took me a while to figure out. Chocolate cake is great. Pasta is pretty good. Burger is pretty decent. Avoid the nachos which is nasty. Breakfast selection isn't ideal.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: The Grand Moon Palace restaurants recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted