We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Weather

Springfield...
Level Contributor
173 posts
1 review
Cancun Weather

Just wondering how the weather has been recently? We arrive on 8/15 and most days call for a chance of shower or thunderstorms. Do these typically not last long? I know no one can predict Mother Nature, but just curious what most people have encountered recently!

3 replies to this topic
Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Cancun Weather

You will see rain/thunderstorms forecasted almost every single day. I've been to Cancun in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and again in 2017. I'll be returning Aug 13 (12 days!!)... Every single year I've gone, the forecast has looked like that... and it's been sunny every single time. What will happen is, you'll be out by the pool at 2 in the afternoon, then you'll see clouds rolling in and it will downpour, you'll run inside, grab a coffee, get ready to go up to your room, then look outside and it will be the most beautiful sunny day again, all within 5 minutes. Enjoy your trip!

Boston...
Level Contributor
194 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Cancun Weather

We have gone every year for the last six years - twice this year - and we’ve had a grand total of two days when the weather was not good. And honestly, those two days are two of the best days we’ve had. One day we went to Xel-ha and had the whole park to ourselves - it was a blast, and the second day was this past Monday. Spent the day in a cabana by the pool watching the rain fall, snoozing, reading, and just chatting with the workers who still had to be there even though most guests had taken respite inside.

With that said, weather apps called for rain every day. It didn’t happen.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Cancun Weather

Don’t count on weather apps with that said you’re traveling during the rainy season. Every time I’ve gone it has rained at least once for a brief period. 30 minutes or less then cleared up.

Actually on our first trip in August it rained for 20 minutes then the next five days sunny and perfect. Enjoy your trip and dance in the rain. Better things to worry about rather than rain on your vacation. 😉

Reply to: Cancun Weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted