We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending money to take for 11 nights?

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
How much spending money to take for 11 nights?

So me and my girlfriend are off to Cancun in late June for 11 nights and want to get an idea of how much spending money to take for excursions and stuff. We are staying in an all inclusive resort so food and drink is all fine its just the extras.

We plan on doing a few excursions while we are there ( Coco Bongo, XPlor park, Chichen Itza and a few water sports activities like Jet Ski's)

If someone could give us a rough estimate that would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Coco Bongo Cancun
Coco Bongo Cancun
16,169 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Xplor
Xplor
15,935 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
4 replies to this topic
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much spending money to take for 11 nights?

Since it seems you plan on doing all the expensive fun stuff, I would plan for approximately 200-250USD per day that you plan on leaving your resort to partake in those activities. Keep in mind credit cards are accepted almost everywhere. Also, there are ATMs everywhere if you ever do need cash....so why carry much cash at all?

Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much spending money to take for 11 nights?

For the pair of you I would reckon about 1400 pounds to be on the safe side yous prob won't even need that but it's better to have more incase. As someone else said just pay and withdraw using a card then you will only spend what you need too.

clarkwgriswold
Level Contributor
61 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much spending money to take for 11 nights?

I'd avoid carrying much cash.

Southern California
Level Contributor
15,062 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How much spending money to take for 11 nights?

Coco Bongo is $130 for Gold member, $80 for regular (Gold has a table), Xplor is about $90-100, Chichen Itza tour varies from $50-60 for a big bus cheapo tour to $100 or more, you can look a lot of the prices up on either their web sites or web sites of popular tour operators like Entertainment Plus.

Mentioned in this post
Coco Bongo Cancun
Coco Bongo Cancun
16,169 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Chichen Itza Tour
Chichen Itza Tour
496 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Entertainment Plus
Entertainment Plus
6,285 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Reply to: How much spending money to take for 11 nights?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted