We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun airport

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,417 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun airport

My sister fell at the Ritz Carltin and cut her foot pretty bad. The Ritz totally came to the rescue. Nicholas the lifeguard who also is a paramedic rushed to the seen along with other pool member staff to her assistance. Eduardo was a doll. He rolled an umbrella over to block out the mid day sun and brought cold clothes. A wheelchair was brought to the scene and my sister was taken ep to our room, cleaned the wound up and bandaged. They came three times to re clean and bandage it up. Thank god it happened the day before we left.

USA transfer ( who are amazing) picked us up early, got us to the airport. Our driver got a wheel chair and airport staff were there to guide us right through to our gate. Never got thru CUN with such ease and speed. Sergio who got us to our gate said he'd be back to get us on the plane. And the stated time he was back and got us unto to the plane with ease.

I can't thank the staff at the Ritz and CUN enough. Once again, Mexican class all the way. I'm their biggest fan.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Cancun Airport
Cancun Airport
Cancun, Mexico
6 replies to this topic
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,094 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun airport

Thanks for the post.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,445 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun airport

Nice of you to post, Theresa, but sorry for injury . Hope all is OK.

Always enjoy your posts from the Ritz!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
747 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun airport

We see so much traffic in these forums about travelers being treated badly or indifferently (gas station scams, mordida, etc.) that it's really nice to see stories like this.

Hoping for a swift recovery for Theresa's sister.

Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun airport

Sorry to hear of your sisters injury, Theresa, but nice to hear how well you were taken care of.

I have a similar story about the Ritz. My son in law had a bad cut on his foot from fishing last year and we were worried about infection. The Ritz sent the dr to disinfect and clean the wound immediately. No extra medical charge. Amazing service!

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun airport

Thanks for sharing Theresa, it's always nice to hear that the hospitality and service steps it up when someone has an accident, a tip of the hat to the Ritz and USA Transfers, well done. ;-)

Mentioned in this post
USA Transfers
USA Transfers
8,685 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,635 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun airport

Thanks for posting this positive experience. People so often only post negative things. So sorry about your sister but so pleased to hear of the wonderful care she was given by everyone!! I hope she is healing well!

Reply to: Cancun airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted