We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review up for Dos Playas Beach House by Faranda.

Alberta
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Review up for Dos Playas Beach House by Faranda.

We had an amazing vacation at Dos Playas. Any further questions, will do by best to answer.

2 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review up for Dos Playas Beach House by Faranda.

Dos Playas was the first hotel I stayed in back in 1976. They were selling units for $20,000. I was a student back then with barely any money, that would have been a great investment. The feedback I am looking for is on the type of the guests. Is it still popular with Students and Europeans? Why did you like it? Price, location? Service?

Alberta
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review up for Dos Playas Beach House by Faranda.

Wow that would have been an excellent investment, hindsight <sigh>. I was wondering why a lovely, retired, Lady from Alberta had been staying there for 4 months, she mentioned that a friend owned her apartment.

As mentioned in my review the average Guest was from Mexico, England, and a few Canadians. It really would depend on the time of year during your stay as to they type of Guests and where they are from. My review pretty much covers what I liked during my stay. Biggest reason would be the Staff, we were treated like gold. Also enjoyed the privacy we had on the terrace and best of all not being bothered by one single vendor. We really got to relax and felt spoilt and catered to. There is not one fancy bone in this hotel, could easily rip it apart, but after 48 All Inclusive vacations that include Mexico, Cuba, Jamaica and the Dominican, I have learned that a nice building does not make a hotel, it is the Service/ Ambiance/Food.

Reply to: Review up for Dos Playas Beach House by Faranda.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted