We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topless sunbathing at Secrets Excellence Riviera

indianapolis
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Topless sunbathing at Secrets Excellence Riviera

Hi everyone,

We are honeymooning at Secrets Excellence Riviera next August and my fiance (well and I guess it benefits me too!) is curious if Secrets Excellence Riviera allows topless sunbathing either at the resort pools or on the beach at the resort. It's a new resort and they didn't answer our questions so I figured someone out there must have been their already and seen or not seen for themselves! Anyways, just figured if it's allowed she might try something new for fun!! I know I have read that thongs are worn quite a bit but I have never been to the cancun area so I dont really know. Also, it's a bit far out, but if anyone will be at the resort the week of August 14-August 21, 2005, let us know!! Oh, and one last question about the resort.....if anyone has stayed in the honeymoon excellence club suite with the large terrace (rather than the smaller balcony)with Jacuzzi I would love to hear if you liked it. Thanks for the info!

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Topless sunbathing at Secrets Excellence Riviera

If you are interested in nude sunbathing, the next time you want to take a trip try the Couples Resort in Jamacia. They have an island that is a nude sunbathing island. They taxi you at in a dingy and you spend the day out there sunbathing. They have all the necessities on the island including a bar! It was quite fun. My husband was surprised when I particiated in this activity and quite enjoyed it. His only concern that I might see something more to my liking.

Enjoy your honeymoon in Cancun!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Topless sunbathing at Secrets Excellence Riviera

We were there last week for our honeymoon. Secrets does not allow topless sunbathing at the pools. The beach, however, is federal property and the resort points out that they don't monitor topless sunbathing on the beach. We did see a few women enjoying this perk at the beach.

As for the honeymoon suite, we made friends with a couple that was staying there. It is much larger than the regular suites. They had the swim out access as well. There was the normal size patio out of the main room, and then a smaller patio with chairs outside of the bedroom. I don't know what the higher floors look like as far as the balcony goes. They also had a massage table already set up in the honeymoon suites.