We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bookit.com

nyc
2 posts
Save Topic
bookit.com

I recently found a cancun deal at the Royal in Cancun that I am interested in booking for this May or June. However, I'm a bit hesitant based on some of the Bookit.com reviews I've read. I'm wondering if anyone has booked The Royal thru Bookit.com and what their experience has been.

Additionally, I see that the owner of Bookit.com often replies to inquiries regarding his company (very impressive) and it would be quite comforting to hear from him regarding any guarentee he could personally give me that the package offered is exactly what I will get with no surprises.

IL.
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bookit.com

I just booked with BookIt.com The Royal Cancun deal they have posted thru 04-30. I have not had a problem so far. We're traveling at the beginning of June & booked last night online. I book online through other websites all the time, but have never used them.

What bad reviews has BookIt had? I'm curious to know now. I called with a few questions today, & they were very nice & answered everything without a problem. Slightly long hold time on the phone before they answered, but we are hitting a popular travel season soon though.

-Jen

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bookit.com

If you type bookit into the search box you'll find some threads about some troubles people have had as well as happy customers. The good news is that the owner does seem to resolve most issues. I also just booked with them last month for June(wish the Royal had been listed at the time!!) and haven't run into any trouble so far. I was very hesitant to book but the price was unbeatable. I like the fact that unlike most online booking services they allow you to do a payment plan if needed which helped to make it more affordable for my travel mates. Will 'bump' some thread to the top if I find them

3. Re: bookit.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2007, 20:05
somewhere
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bookit.com

NYC,

Are you looking for feedback on the resort itseld or feedback on Bookit? The Royal has a ton of threads going on as well as a good number of reviews. It truely is an amazing resort.

As for bookit, I can't comment as I have never used them.

Level Contributor
4,533 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bookit.com

I'd stay at the Royal...

Apfin can you get me moved??

Next week for 3 nites I'll be next door at the Gran caribe. I didn't go thru bookit this time. The suites sound very nice.

Anyone hear what happened to the massage roof??

Lewes, DE
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: bookit.com

My family stayed at the Park Royal in Cozumel, April 6-11, 2007

We made our arrangements through Bookit.com. We did not have any problems with Bookit. The hotel was very nice, however they never mentioned the fact, that to eat in the all inclusive restaurants we had to make reservations in person on a daily basis, between 12 noon & 3pm the line usually started around 11:15am. If you arrived later you would have to eat at 10pm. Also the men must wear trousers, no shorts allowed, ladies dresses or capris. This wouldn't of been a problem if we knew about it before we arrived.

I wouldn't go back to Cozumel, but I would use Book it again.

Anna7nt@aol.com

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bookit.com

Bud, I have just visited your site and I am most likely going to use your company to book a group of adults this November. I did want to clarify what the upgrade is if we choose the least expensive room (Jr suite oceanview). Is it one step up? Which do you reserve to get the Royal corner suite? Also, the cancellation policy is that in refund of payment method or vouchers for future travel. Thanks and I look forward to doing business with you.

nyc
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bookit.com

Bud:

With respect to the Royal Cancun, how can you assure the guarenteed room upgrade? Is this guarenteed room upgrade taken into account at the time of booking. What if all higher level rooms have been booked. My intention is to book a Corner suite with an upgrade to a presidential suite, but I here there are only 10 presidential suites (doesn't seem like enough to guarentee an upgrade to that catatory). Please advsie. I'm anxious to book. Looks like you have great prices.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,626 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bookit.com

nyc, TA has guidelines on businesses posting here. Your question may or may not be problematic in that regard. I would suggest that you click on Buds name and send him a message or use any website contact method.

ny
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bookit.com

We used Bookit.com for our trip to Cancun in Jan but I had some questions on the flight and they were not helpful at all. They kept telling me that I would have to call the airline directly with any questions or comments. I feel like I could have done better booking myself.