We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Holbox ferry

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
179 posts
306 reviews
250 helpful votes
Taxi from airport to Holbox ferry
Save

I have heard that taxi from airport to the ferry are about $40.00. Is that accurate? Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Chilliwack, Canada
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
52,188 posts
1. Re: Taxi from airport to Holbox ferry
Save

its a 90 minute ride to Holbox - so MUCH more - check the Holbox forum. $350 US round trip via Canada Transfers.

Did you mean Isla Mujeres

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Taxi from airport to Holbox ferry
Save

No taxis from the Cancun airport and, as said due to the distance, Holbox is much more expensive than you mention.

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula, Chetumal, Mahahual
Level Contributor
20,998 posts
3. Re: Taxi from airport to Holbox ferry
Save

The cheapest transportation (that I know of) from Cancun airport to Chiquila is the Airport Shuttle for 1000 pesos per person (or about US$50). Shuttles leave the airport at 11am and 4pm, and advance reservations must be made.

Another option is the ADO airport bus to the ADO bus terminal in Cancun where you can get a bus to Chiquila. Buses are not frequent. Let me know if you need more details, or check the ADO website yourself...

https://www.ado.com.mx/

If you meant the ferry from Cancun Puerto Juarez to Isla Mujeres, you can use a private transfer service from the airport to the ferry terminal at Puerto Juarez for about US$40 to $50.

Edited: 23 August 2021, 03:43
Reply to: Taxi from airport to Holbox ferry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.