We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Bahia Akumal or Iberostar Pariso Beach?

Ontario
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Bahia Akumal or Iberostar Pariso Beach?

Family of 5 (50’s and 20’s) looking between the two for Christmas vacation. Love the beach and relaxing....not too loud. These 2 were recommended by our travel agent as being in the right price range. Any thoughts or different recommendations? Thanks! 🙂

2 replies to this topic
Westlock, Canada
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Bahia Akumal or Iberostar Pariso Beach?

Both are large complexes and very good for families. Just know that the Beach is the lowest of the Iberostar complexes so you can only use the Beach and del Mar. The Lindo and Maya sections where the buffets are AC and the waterparks (but you don't have little ones so that shouldn't matter) aren't included so you can use them. You can't use the Grand either, but noone can unless you stay there.

The Akumal is the highest in that complex so you can use all 4 sections of it, so you have access to all 4 resorts.

The Beach is much closer to the airport, only about 20 minutes and the Akumal about 1 1/2 hours depending on the type of transfer you take.

If I had my choice between the two I would choose the Akumal since it's a higher end and you have full access, even though it's further. However if it was a short trip, I might choose the Iberostar since you won't waste as much time traveling to and from.

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Cancun
Iberostar Cancun
5,232 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
415 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
961 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Bahia Akumal or Iberostar Pariso Beach?

Agree with Sunloverg09, My wife and I have been to both along with the Iberostar Maya. The Iberostar beach is a nice resort with a fantastic pool but the Akumal is a good notch above. The Beach is closer to the airport but never found it an overly big deal.

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
5,571 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Iberostar Paraiso Beach
Iberostar Paraiso Beach
5,722 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Reply to: Grand Bahia Akumal or Iberostar Pariso Beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted