We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July weather in Veracruz state

Philadelphia...
10 posts
Save Topic
July weather in Veracruz state

Hello,

My family and I may travel to Veracruz state for the month of July. What can we expect re: weather? Thanks!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July weather in Veracruz state

It really depends where you are. Veracruz city would be vastly different than someplace like Xalapa. Where exactly will you be?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,339 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July weather in Veracruz state

https:/…Veracruz-Veracruz-Llave-Mexico

...then enter city name. (Weather varies significantly with altitude.)

Philadelphia...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: July weather in Veracruz state

Thanks for the replies! We are considering Orizaba, Coatepec, Xalapa, and the Emerald Coast. We are concerned about oppressive heat and constant rain. Thanks!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,339 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July weather in Veracruz state

BTW, I escaped the heat of Orizaba by taking the lift up their little mountain where it was noticeably cooler. Killed some time reading in the fresh air, then lost any hope of getting back down the lift (max 2 hours on top, timed ticket, ridiculous), but it was no big deal to walk back down.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: July weather in Veracruz state

I spent time in Orizaba, Coatepec, Xalapa, etc in late May of last year. It was not hot -- needed a light jacket many times. Overcast and drizzly much of the time I was there. Nice to see others who have been or are interested.

Looking at averages, Orizaba looks to be about 78-80 degrees in July. Xalapa looks about the same. There's weather data for Orizaba at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orizaba

It will be hotter than Hades on the coast, though.

I wasn't a big fan of Veracruz city. I did really enjoy a day in Tlacotalpan, somewhat to the south.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: July weather in Veracruz state

Personally, I love Veracruz city. To each their own. But yeah, it will be hot, but so will the other coastal areas. I like Costa Esmeralda a lot, not so much for the beach itself, but because it's mostly deserted during the week. To me, I can live with less people and a not-so-nice beach vs nice beach & lotsa people. But much of Veracruz state may be cloudy/misty during the rainy season. At times, that's kinda cool & eerie, but at others kinda dreary. But it's a beautiful area, along with Puebla state as you venture towards the gulf.

Somerton, Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: July weather in Veracruz state

Hi I will be traveling to Veracruz Veracruz in July, and what I hear is the humidity is to high, is that thru?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: July weather in Veracruz state

Highs will probably be 85-90 degrees plus 80-85% humidity. July is also the rainiest month.

Have fun!

9. Re: July weather in Veracruz state

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Veracruz