We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Weekend

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
41 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Girls Weekend

Hello:

We're heading to Veracruz for a long weekend the first weekend in February. We live in Mexico and speak fluent Spanish. We'll have two nights/three days there. We're flying into Veracruz, Veracruz, but we're not set on staying in the actual city. We like culture and ruins, but one of the girls is really hoping for some beach time. It sounds like there is enough to do in the City itself, but are there other areas that anyone would recommend that might be a bit more quieter than the city itself, that offers beaches? Thanks!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Weekend

Chachalacas? Just north of the city.

https:/…chachalacas-veracruz.html

Veracruz, Mexico
Level Contributor
55 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Weekend

It would be a little bit of a drive but you might want to consider Costa Esmeralda. I have not been there but my friends all have great things to say about it. Many of the hotels are very eco-conscious so the surroundings are more "natural." I'm not sure of the season but it's also a place where sea turtles go to lay eggs. I doubt it's during the winter.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
41 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Weekend

Thank you! I just researched Costa Esmeralda and it looks exactly what we're looking for!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Weekend

Recently returned from a few nights on the Emerald Coast. Stayed at Taboga in Monte Gordo and really enjoyed it. It is about 3 hours up the coast via bus from Veracruz. The town itself has a handful of restaurants, (and not much else) but we decided to have all of our meals at the hotel. Very good restaurant, but perhaps on the pricey side of what you'd expect. But the cost of a taxi probably somewhat offsets any savings you might have by eating in town. Plus they have good coffee and breakfast, and a variety of licaudaos. Nearby Nautla has the bus station. We were there on a Sunday-Tuesday and the place was deserted. We walked probably over an hour up the beach and saw 1 Mexican family and some fisherman.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Weekend

Just a thought: Weather along the Veracruz Gulf Coast north of the port of Veracruz can be unpleasant in February. If this were my trip I'd be developing a "Plan A" and a "Plan B" (the Plan B being for a different part of Veracruz) which included lodging selections but not reservations and I'd make my decision on which of the plans to follow close to my departure/arrival date when weather patterns are better identified.

Edited: 01 January 2016, 01:00
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls Weekend

#5 makes a good point. For that very reason we opted last February for the Michoacan coast as all the near term forecasts for the Emerald Coast showed many days cloudy/cool (mid, low-70's F) and good chances of rain.

Bensenville...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls Weekend

Hi ... Yes, you could head an hour north of the city to Playa Chachalacas. There are long and wide nice beaches and the town is small so it should be more quiet then the port city. There are nice small hotels next to the beach and lots of family run restaurants too.

To get there on public transportation, you can take a bus (ADO or AU) to Cardel. Then grab a taxi to Playa Chachalacas. It will cost around $70 pesos. Need more help? You can contact me at info@discoververacruztours.com.

8. Re: Girls Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2017, 02:48
Get answers to your questions about Veracruz