We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Mexico City to Veracruz

Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
from Mexico City to Veracruz

Hi, this year for summer holiday, me and two of my daughter plan to visit Mexico City for 4 days and have a beach holiday also for 4 days in Veracruz. if you advice us some ideas such how to go Veracruz and where to stay at the beach.

Do you think a good idea to rent a car to go to Veracruz

Thank you.

13 replies to this topic
Veracruz, Mexico
Level Contributor
55 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: from Mexico City to Veracruz

Hello JennieW81,

If you decide to come to Veracruz then Gran Hotel Diligencias would probably be about a 20 minute taxi ride. Could be shorter, depending on the time of day. But, unlike taxi rides in the US, the prices for taxis are determined by distance alone, and not time. I would expect a taxi ride to cost somewhere between 50-100 pesos. Ask the hotel to call the taxi for you, that will help ensure you get a good price.

Perhaps you're thinking of staying at the Gran Hotel Diligencias because you're trying to get the best of both while here in Veracruz - some beach time and some culture (zocolo). If that's the case then let me suggest you consider doing this from the opposite direction. Stay at a hotel down in Boca del Rio, go to the beach all day, go back to the hotel, get cleaned up and rested, take a taxi to the zocolo, have dinner and some drinks, and then go back to BDR for the night. There are plenty of hotels in BDR that are not on the beach, but are very close, are good places to stay, and it's far cleaner and quieter than downtown. The Hotel Costa Inn would be a good example. You could walk to a really nice beach in your flip flops. There are also some good restaurants in walking distance from that hotel.

Just a thought. Have fun!!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: from Mexico City to Veracruz

Hi there Jarocho B! So much great information. Much appreciated. So I know you love Veracruz and Boca, which I can totally respect. I absolutely love where I live as well! So my question for you is, have you been to Acapulco and if so what did you think of the beaches there?

Veracruz, Mexico
Level Contributor
55 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: from Mexico City to Veracruz

Hello Jennie,

So sorry for the super late reply. I have not been to Acapulco but I have many friends and family who have gone there. Everyone I know has liked it. They are quick to say it's not like Cancun, but still super nice and fun. Also, only because of the news I've been hearing, if you're staying at an all-inclusive then I'd recommend you stay on the reservation. If you go out on the town, and even if you're in a group of friends, and even if your boyfriend/husband is a 6'3 ex football player, still keep it to a dull roar. Chances are high that you won't even see or hear about anything bad, but being back at the hotel by midnight will significantly increase those odds. I hope you have a great time (if you haven't gone already).

Reply to: from Mexico City to Veracruz
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Veracruz