We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Experience with Avis or Hertz at MEX Airport?

Houston, Texas
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Experience with Avis or Hertz at MEX Airport?

Hi everyone, Do you have any experience renting from Avis or Hertz at MEX (Benito Juarez Int'l Airport in DF)? Also, do you know where these two are located? It looks like Avis is still on Sonora street near T1, but Hertz has apparently moved. Thank you!

16 replies to this topic
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Experience with Avis or Hertz at MEX Airport?

Adam:

We used America Car Rental:

Mexico City Airport - Hotel Courtyard Marriot Airport

Sinaloa 31, local 2-A, Sky Garden, Colonia peñón de los baños, Delegación Venustiano Carranza

México D.F. C.P. 15520 +52 (55) 1-560-00-89

+52 (55) 1-560-00-87

24 hrs

http://www.america-carrental.com/

One hiccup with our rental was that we agreed upon a VW Jetta because we wanted the space for luggage and anything more that we purchased along the way. They tried to pawn off a Toyota Prius on us but I forced the Jetta issue. The Jetta wans't ready and they did a very margina job of cleaning up the car. I would have insisted on a better job of cleaning but we were on a fairly tight schedule to get on the road to Guadalajara that day.

As you can see, the agency is located in the Marriott Courtyard (lower level) directly across from Terminal 1. Easy access via the skybridge!

avon, IN
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Experience with Avis or Hertz at MEX Airport?

Neil....great....thank you for your response and for your assistance! Much appreciated.

Eastvale, California
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Experience with Avis or Hertz at MEX Airport?

America car rental will include all insurances necessary in mexico city

Chihuahua, Mexico
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Experience with Avis or Hertz at MEX Airport?

They mess with you because you are "gringos", the same thing happened to me in Denver Int'l Airport in Hertz, they charged me an extra 300 USD for insurance, even I told them I didn't want it because my AMEX card covers it.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Experience with Avis or Hertz at MEX Airport?

I don't have any experience with renting from them at MEX airport, but Hertz is a terrible company in Mexico. I had a reservation at their Campos Eliseos location the past weekend and got called half an hour before pick-up to say they did not have cars available anywhere in the city and thus had to cancel.

Terrible service and absolutely shameful: no apology, no compensation, nothing. And Hertz America doesn't care either.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Experience with Avis or Hertz at MEX Airport?

Daniel G :

A couple of comments re: AMEX auto policies:

1) AMEX basic insurance included with your card DOES NIOT cover liability and that is the catch 22. Years ago, we signed up for AMEX Premium Rental Car Insurance that costs $24,95 for a total of 42 days. This covers your rear end and also the agency's. To my way of thinking it is a very reasonable price to pay?

Reply to: Experience with Avis or Hertz at MEX Airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted