We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volaris Airlines

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Volaris Airlines

I tried to get info on Volaris flights from Mexico City to Puerto Vallarta to no avail. Then I tried different cities and got nowhere. I'm wondering if this airlines is history?

Before I checked Volaris, I tried to buy a ticket in Interjet. I was unable to do so because they require that you enter the state in which you live. The country where I live doesn't have states. You can scroll the names of 150 countries. How many have states? I'll telephone Interjet, tomarrow. Will they have a logical answer? Will anyone speak English? Can't wait.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Southern California
Level Contributor
89 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Volaris Airlines

Touché

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
517 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Volaris Airlines

Sorry, I have to agree with our friends who suffered from Volaris about customer service. In the U.S., one gets a refund with a smile. Employees are empowered to provide extra to disappointed customers. Businessres recognize it takes a lot to get a customer in the door and it is very easy to lose them forever. Here, and I am Mexico, the concept is lost. Employees have no power to make things right. Yesterday, I went to Cinemark in Centro Comercial Duraznos and the projector broke - after 45 minutes, it was announced we could get refurnds OR tickets for another show that same day. One long line with one slow girl was making refunds - ignored people yelling about the hour on line, watched people leave without refunds, no apologies, no smiles. You know what - when we went to Cinemark yesterday, i said I do not like that theater as much as Cinepólis in Arcos Bosques - it is older - my partner said the time was more convenient. It turned out not to be as we lost time and never got to the movies. Next time, we will both avoid the old Cinemark with lousy equpment and customer service. If we got a free ticket or even were reimbursed for the uneaten popcorn we would leave satisified and even. Instead, we got our money back after losing an hour and a half, our snacks left in the theater and we paid 30 pesos to park. Won't be back. Just a small example of the lack of any basic customer service in Mexico.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
954 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Volaris Airlines

Somehow, compared to in the US, my customer service experiences in Mexico have all been either spectacularly wonderful or extremely bad.

Although when I've had wonderful experiences, I got the sense that the agent was lavishing attention on me to the exclusion of all other customers, so maybe that also explains the bad experiences :-P

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
14. Re: Volaris Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:12