We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pretty areas to walk around?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
207 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pretty areas to walk around?

Can anyone recommend a "pretty" area to walk around and explore one afternoon in Mexico City? I am already planning on exploring the more major areas (Roma, Condesa, etc.) but I often see really nice pictures from bloggers or the likes in areas with beautiful homes and doors, flowers, trees... hoping to find a few neighborhoods to take pictures of to frame in my house. Doesn't necessarily have to be an area with shops and restaurants, could just be a quaint neighborhood.

Any ideas appreciated!

7 replies to this topic
Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pretty areas to walk around?

Coyoacan has some beautiful architecture. I'd recommend taking the metro to Miguel Angel de Quevedo and then walking east to Calle Salvador Novo, north to Calle Francisco Sosa, and then walking east along that street to the main plaza of Coyoacan. From there you can explore many of the side streets including a visit to the La Conchita Chapel.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,202 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pretty areas to walk around?

On my last visit, I happened upon a neighborhood in or near Condesa, one street of which was Calle Amsterdam. It was a long, oval street, lots of trees and nice looking homes, and short side streets to explore. Very pleasant to stroll, and there were a few nice cafes to stop for a coffee or snack.

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pretty areas to walk around?

Azbuceadora, what you're describing is exactly Condesa.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pretty areas to walk around?

Condesa as many pretty walks around the parks. lovely Art Deco era homes , and older homes as well m.

Chapultepec Park is a lovely walk in museums are fantastic. you can easily walk from Polanco through Chapultepec park into Condes and spend hours doung this

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
547 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pretty areas to walk around?

I've taken many pictures of old doors in Mexico. They are all over my house!

6. Re: Pretty areas to walk around?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 August 2017, 23:05

San Diego...
Level Contributor
154 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pretty areas to walk around?

Polanco!

Reply to: Pretty areas to walk around?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted