We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

36 Hours in Mexico City

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
36 Hours in Mexico City

Hello,

I am stopping by Mexico City with a friend in a couple weeks for a little less than 2 days. Are there any recommendations of must see/do/eat/drink while there? Since its such a short time, we want to make sure we are able to cross off all the MUST do's!

Thanks!!

3 replies to this topic
Outer Banks, North...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 36 Hours in Mexico City

With only 36 hours you are going to be hard pressed to <make sure we are able to cross off all the MUST do's!>. I would suggest the Zocalo, the Cathedral, Bellas Artes, and perhaps la Angel de la Independencia.

Mexico City, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 36 Hours in Mexico City

I agree with the above poster. The Centro Historico (Zocalo, Catedral, Bellas Artes) will give you a great sample of the city, local culture, food, etc. It will hopefully trigger the desire to come back in the future. I would advise against rushing around just to cross of places and instead enjoy a single area, but it's up to you and your style. Now, if you want to see a lot, look for Turibus, a touring company with many circuits and stops across the city.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
18 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 36 Hours in Mexico City

With 36 hours, I would stay near Zocalo in the Centro Historico. See the square and the cathedral and spend an hour or so in Templo Mayor. Then walk to the left of the cathedral to the Palacio des Bellas Artes. Get pastries at Pasteleria Ideal. If you like views, go to the top of the LatinoAmericano building. If you like museums/history, Uber over to Chapultepec and go to the anthropology museum. Get churros and hot chocolate late at night at El Moro.

Reply to: 36 Hours in Mexico City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted