We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's best to do in Mexico City?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
98 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
What's best to do in Mexico City?

We (4 x 60 yr old women) will be in Mexico City for 2 full days. We arrive on a Friday when we are hoping to do some sort of night tour. On the Saturday we thought we would do the pyramids.

1. Is it worth spending time at Guadalupe we are not hugely religious.

2. Is it worth going to Xochimilco on the Sunday or is the tour to Pueblo better? Can we do both?

3. La Gruta restaurant in the cave - I am told it is not really worth going to.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Insolitours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Mexico Bike Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Cultural Tours
Turibus
Sightseeing Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours
3 replies to this topic
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's best to do in Mexico City?

With only two full days, I would not go to Puebla. It's at least a 2.5 hour drive each way. There's plenty to see and do in Mexico City itself.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's best to do in Mexico City?

While La Gruta could also be classified as an attraction, we found their food and service to be quite good and we do tend to be critical of food quality and service. We certainly enjoyed our lunch and were glad we made this choice: https://goo.gl/photos/ZPmbS78m6wCccUM29

On the whole we did find the hotel and restaurant options in or around Teotihuacan to be marginal.

Some folks poo-poo the Nocturna Light Show as being too touristy but we went on a Friday night and again, were glad that we included this option.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,244 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's best to do in Mexico City?

I'm not all that religious but thought Guadalupe was interesting and worthwhile. I spent the better part of a day there.

The guide I had did not recommend La Gruta, so we went elsewhere.

Edited: 22 August 2017, 02:39
Reply to: What's best to do in Mexico City?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted