We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Estrella Roja-one departure point only?

Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
41 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Estrella Roja-one departure point only?

From what I have read and gathered, the Estrella Roja departs from MEX airport only. Is my research correct? I will already be in the city, and can easily get to the MEX airport to get the bus, but if it makes an in city pickup, that would be fine. If my research is correct, I will need to get back to the airport to get this bus. Thank you!

7 replies to this topic
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Estrella Roja-one departure point only?

Going to ...where?

Depending on where you're going, it should be more efficient to leave from one of the four main bus terminals in the city. There are luxury buses to the major destinations, and typically with more frequency from a main bus station than from the smaller two at the airport's two terminals.

Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
41 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Estrella Roja-one departure point only?

Sorry..we are going to Puebla. My friend recommend Estrella Roja. I do not care if I have to go back to airport; prefer quickest easiest bus to Puebla.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Estrella Roja-one departure point only?

Ah. Well, the airport IS on the way, so it's a reasonable idea. But I don't have a direct answer to your question, sorry.

However, TAPO is a mega-terminal also in that general direction, and they have frequent departures to Puebla, including luxury buses at Estrella Roja level; just look for the most expensive (remember $=peso sign). You should be on a bus within minutes from TAPO.

Just say TAPO to a taxi driver, or take metro to San Lazaro.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Estrella Roja-one departure point only?

Just checked: You'll find Estrella Roja at TAPO. Kinda thought so.

Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
41 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Estrella Roja-one departure point only?

Perfect and helpful information, thank you! Excited for the visit...

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Estrella Roja-one departure point only?

Glad to help. BTW, I just clicked one step further into the website before I closed the tab. ER departures from TAPO are "every 20, 30 or 40 minutes", I suppose depending on the exact time of day. And other companies run the route as well.

Enjoy.

Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
41 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Estrella Roja-one departure point only?

so helpful; because I thought I should go back to airport to depart ER. Thanks!

Reply to: Estrella Roja-one departure point only?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted