We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

NorCal
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve

My mother and I are planning a visit and will be staying thru New Years. She really wants to go somewhere that she can wear a formal dress. Any suggestions?

2 replies to this topic
Puebla, Puebla...
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve

Sheraton Maria Isabel on Reforma Avenue always has a party on New Years Eve. I went a few years ago to the NYE party, and I had a really good time.

Mexico City's Government closes part of Reforma, and they hire a good show from a well known singer or group to perform on NYE, and you can watch the show and the fireworks from their terrace, while I enjoying a good dinner.

There are also plenty of other hotels over Reforma, that have a very good show from a local singer/artist, and delicious dinner.

There's also the option of going south: Ex-Hacienda Tlalpan, throws a big NYE dinner party, at the south of Mexico City. It's expensive, but It's sold out time ahead before NYE. Ex -Hacienda Tlalpan is a big historic house where many celebrities, personalities and presidents go to eat. They serve mexican food, they have a beautiful garden, with peacoks, and they hire mariachi or regional music on NYE.

Hope I helped you!

Melissa

Somerset, New Jersey
Level Contributor
265 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve

We will also be in MX CITY during New Year's Eve as well. I've read an article that Paseo de la Reforma is a better place to be than Zocalo now as far as the street celebration. Thought I'd come here to confirm if that is true. I was also looking at Maria Isabel, and wanted to know if a Downtown Hotel is a good option for staying and viewing as well.

Reply to: New Years Eve
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted