We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

True high speed internet hotel

San Miguel De...
Level Contributor
17 posts
34 reviews
True high speed internet hotel

Hi, I need a hotel which truly has fiber optics so that I can hold an online worldwide webinar. I stayed at a "executive" hotel recently and their HSI was 3Mbps. I need good upload speed so I can talk to my students. Help!! All of the hotels SAY they have it, but HAH!! Many thanks Julie

2 replies to this topic
Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
4,712 posts
1. Re: True high speed internet hotel

Most internet in Guadalajara now is fibre optic, we have service providers with fibre networks including Infinitum/Telmex, Totalplay which I have and love, Axtel and more, but it depends on which package the hotel has purchased for guest use. Or conference use. You need to speak to the sales directors at each hotel, shoot for the upscale hotels like Demetria, Hilton and Marriott properties, Square Small Hotel, Camino Real. Call and talk to the sales director. Specify your exact needs. Ask how much it will cost. Don´t agree to stay at their property until you are satisfied with your contract with them. You do not want wifi, you want a LAN cabled into their modem. Wifi is v slow.

San Miguel De...
Level Contributor
17 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: True high speed internet hotel

thank you very much this is great advice. Julie

Reply to: True high speed internet hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara