We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Mexico City airport to Havana - tourist card

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
From Mexico City airport to Havana - tourist card

Me and my partner (both European) plan to fly from Mexcio City airport to Havana in two weeks. Does anybody know if we will be able to get Cuban tourist cards/ visa at the airport in DF? Where at the the airport should we go to? Or is it necessary for us to get ones in Cuban embassy in DF?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,095 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Mexico City airport to Havana - tourist card

Usually, a "tourist card" is something they give you on the plane, you fill out, and then keep with you in the destination country.

The one time I flew to Cuba (from Canada), I think that's how it worked. I know we didn't have to do anything special in advance.

For your nationality and coming from Mexico, I don't know.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
954 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Mexico City airport to Havana - tourist card

I think that on flights from Mexico to Cuba, the airline gives you the tourist card upon departure (as opposed to, say, flights from the UK to Cuba, which require the traveler to visit the Cuban embassy beforehand). You should probably ask this question on the Havana forum, as you're more likely to get an accurate answer there.

3. Re: From Mexico City airport to Havana - tourist card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 13:46