We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to go

washington state
Level Contributor
552 posts
22 reviews
20 helpful votes
best time to go

The more I look at Zihua the more I like it. Some pictures show it very lush and other pictures it looks leafless and brown. What time of year is the coastal area at it's most beautiful?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
12,121 posts
1. Re: best time to go

Right now is the rainy season...and that is when the green lush pictures are taken. In the Jananuary to June months not much rain and things do turn brown in the mountains, but the trees and flowers are still so beautiful. We always say...ANYTIME IS A GOOD TIME TO COME TO ZIHUA!! It is my home and there is always beauty there, the people, the mountains, the sunshine and the ocean.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
12,121 posts
2. Re: best time to go

Right now is the rainy season...and that is when the green lush pictures are taken. In the Jananuary to June months not much rain and things do turn brown in the mountains, but the trees and flowers are still so beautiful. We always say...ANYTIME IS A GOOD TIME TO COME TO ZIHUA!! It is my home and there is always beauty there, the people, the mountains, the sunshine and the ocean.

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
262 posts
3. Re: best time to go

The coolest part of the year is the first and the last month of the year, but if you are more concerned about greenery wait till the end odf the rainny season.

Things stay green for a while after the rain stops.

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo
Recent Conversations