We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Temperature

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Water Temperature

Does anyone know what the water temperature is on the Zih bay? I would thing that the water temp in Ixtapa is similar.

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Water Temperature

The magic SST sattelite imagery says 84.7*F in the bay and 85.3*F in front of Ixtapa.

SST -- Sea Surface Temperature

canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
2. Re: Water Temperature

what time of year is this water temperature. I am going on Jan 17th what would it be then Also does anyone know if the ocean is swimmable at Playa Blanca Playa Larga

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Water Temperature

Just about everyday, 365 days a year.

Playa Blanca & Playa Larga are both swimmable.

canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
4. Re: Water Temperature

Thankyou, I am so pleased it is that warm. I usually go to PV and the water doesnt warm up until about late January early Feb. I am staying on Playa Larga do you know where there are some good restaurants and grocery stores near there rather than having to go into Zihuat all the time. Also what little beaches would there be that are neat to go to?

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Water Temperature

CanadaSquirly,

Just checked the SST satellite, says 81 F on the beaches. You will need to come to ZIH(Commercial Mexican or Bodega) and stock up on supplies ( the staples of life - beer, meat, breakfast, etc. if you are in a Condo or deal with local fishermen/vendors with carts. There are restaurants in Barra de Potosi open till around Sunset. Then they roll up the sidewalks(?) for the night. There are some small tiendas at Barra de Potosi. You will be on a 9 mile long basically deserted beach, won't need another one.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
6. Re: Water Temperature

Try Cuatro Hermanos (4 brothers) right in the middle of Playa Larga. We only had drinks there but it looked pretty good. There are also horse and ATV rentals on the beach and some pretty good surf which my daughter enjoyed. Water temp is perfect at every beach in the area!

Woodside
Level Contributor
635 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Water Temperature

The water is swimmable at Playa Larga, but as it is an open ocean beach, use your best judgement. If it looks too big, stay out and enjoy a good book instead. Also, be aware of rip tides and always swim in pairs.

Harriet

canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
8. Re: Water Temperature

Are there any small grocery stores in potoso or i I think I have put myself in a very remote place. Hope it is going to be okay and not too far from anything. I do like it quiet but not too far away that it is a chore to do anything.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
71 reviews
9. Re: Water Temperature

Yes there are Tiendas in Barra de Potosi. Most beach cafés close around 6:00 PM unless you make arrangements for a later time.

10. Re: Water Temperature

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 17:49
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo