We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Restaurants

Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Sunset Restaurants

OK folks here is another one you can beat to death. What is your pick for the best place to dine and drink while enjoying a Zihua sunset?

My personal favorite for total relaxation, comfort and view along with a great Margarita is Amuleto.

13 replies to this topic
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
12,032 posts
1. Re: Sunset Restaurants

You do not get a total sunset in Zihuatanejo!!

Bonney Lake...
Level Contributor
256 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Sunset Restaurants

Why, because it goes down behind the hill instead of on the ocean's horizon? WHO CARES???

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,883 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: Sunset Restaurants

Depending on the time of year you go, and where you stay in the bay, you can get a great sunset!

And I’m talking about one that sinks directly into the ocean.

Edited: 10 November 2018, 10:48
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Sunset Restaurants

Sorry Judy, but you are totally wrong.......on TA go to "hotels" for Zihua and select Amuleto, then click on Travelers Photo's, scroll about 3/4 of the way and there is a photo of a "full" sunset. I wish I could post a picture here as I would show a few photo's taken there including one of TED61 with the sunset behind him.

C'mon folks, shout out the places you know for great sunsets.

Edited: 10 November 2018, 18:02
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
4,152 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Sunset Restaurants

Anywhere on Playa La Ropa-La Ropa beach- great sunsets. The sun goes down right in the middle of the bay, into the ocean from Nov through beginning of March, then it heads towards the hills on the right side of the bay for setting, but that sky still lights up beautifully no matter where the sun "touches down".

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
123 reviews
6. Re: Sunset Restaurants

We've had a number of incredible pre-dinner cocktail sunset experiences right from our veranda at the Bay View Grand. You almost expect that baby to make a sizzling sound as it sinks into the ocean. Late January and into February it starts to settle more to the north and depending where you are staying, gets blocked by the hills or rock formations out in the water. La Escollera which is just below Amuleto, in addition to El Suspiro is two of our favorites. Great views and good food that won't break the travel budget. El Faro in Ixtapa is another good one.

Jackson, Missouri
Level Contributor
654 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Sunset Restaurants

Many a night at the sunset bar, watching it set right in the middle of the bay.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
8. Re: Sunset Restaurants

7 days til I get to see the sunset

Cant wait

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
123 reviews
9. Re: Sunset Restaurants

Bottle of wine, a few friends and a sunset on the beach tonight. Just not in Mexico.

Jackson, Missouri
Level Contributor
654 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Sunset Restaurants

We are heading to Baja, for Thanksgiving. Lot's of sunsets, lucky my sister has a beach shack around k55. It's 35 today in Missouri and 80 there!!

Reply to: Sunset Restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo