We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick your top 3

Bonney Lake...
Level Contributor
255 posts
76 reviews
Pick your top 3

Hi Everyone,

Anxiously anticipating my trip, (29 days & counting) and was hoping I could get some of you to reply to the following:

I've compiled a pretty large list of restaurants that I either haven't visited during my previous trips, or have visited, but only for one meal, (B-fast, lunch or dinner) based on good reviews. Of course I won't be able to hit them all, (need to save some for next year, lol) but was hoping you could list your favorite 3, along with which meal you like best in that particular restaurant. (If a restaurant is not on my list that is a favorite, please feel free to list those, and what meal you like to have there)

Here is my list:

Coconuts

Casa Bahia

Margaritas

Lety's

La Sirena Gorda

Mexicanos Any

Santa Prisca

Il Mare

Loot

Olga's

Ruffo's

Casa Vieja

La Perla

Restaurante Kau Kan

Carmelitas Café

Tentaciones

Otilla's

El Agave

El Arrayan

La Papa Loca

El Erizo Feliz

Antojitis Mexicanos Auri

Pato Mexicana

Jungle Pizza

El Suspiro

Mito Restaurante & Wine Store

La Gula

Amuleto

Hopefully this will be kinda fun for some of you while we wait for trip reports, and our vacation to get here!!!

Thanks for your input my fellow Z lovers!

Mike

85 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Pick your top 3

1. Tentaciones for wonderful food and even better view

2. Amuleto. Same as above but view not as spectacular

3. Loot.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Pick your top 3

Oh man...your missing a couple of our favorite places..I know it's tough to even make a dent in the list, lol!!

La Terracita awesome breakfast and my favorite coffee

Los Broceros excellent fish or shrimp tacos

Las Adelitas...shrimp kabobs

We love Lety's coconut shrimp

Casa Bahia whatever we're in the mood for

Nardo's great pork chops and ribs

Oh I can't wait!! Thanks for getting me dreaming...December 30th can't come soon enough!!

Enjoy all!!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
243 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Pick your top 3

Casa Bahia- grilled sierra, sailfish carpaccio

Las Adelitas- whole octopus

Porto di Mare and Otilla tie for whole red snapper, Otilla for tiritas

Bonus- La Condesa Enmerada in Barra de Potosi for any and all of their grilled fish, tiritas and octopus.

Jackson, Missouri
Level Contributor
649 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Pick your top 3

La Perla, is fun on Wednesday for chili rellenos and a good cigar with your feet in the sand.Tamales Anys is just good tamales and pozole. If your there on Sunday night go to the basketball court and get fried tacos with potatoes and chorizo.

Monument, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
1 review
5. Re: Pick your top 3

I really like this question and the work you did before asking it!

Give me some time. As many on the list I’ve never tried, and I can’t remember the names of some favorites. But I’m digging the answers already.

Monument, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
1 review
6. Re: Pick your top 3

AND........I’m looking forward to your trip report of where you ate already!

Jackson, Missouri
Level Contributor
649 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Pick your top 3

Hay Retemrap, I should have listened to you and brought my own grill to Cozumel. Cost me $50us for a really cheap one but it still worked!!

Lake Havasu City...
Level Contributor
71 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: Pick your top 3

We too have a list of new places to try based on the forum posts. 3 favorite places/meals is tough, so I'll offer 5 of our musts:

La Condessa at Barra de Potosi: huachinango ala talla

Casa Vieja: Shrimp & Avocado Tower

Los Braseros: Tacos al Pastor & the Gringa

Il Mare: Spaghetti alla Diavola

Santina Deli Italiana: Pizza! and amazing chocolate chip cookies & cheesecake (take out only)

3 posts
9. Re: Pick your top 3

Well mike if you know where Olga’s is I think you got this town figured out!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
123 reviews
10. Re: Pick your top 3

Lety's would be tops on my list. One that you need to add that would also make my list would be Papa Loca's. And one that seems to be a bit of a secret is La Escollera. which would make our list for a fine dining category also.

As I've expressed in past posts, I'm not one impressed with "bistro" dining, meaning small frou frou portions at big prices, regardless of what the view is. So having experienced places like Amuleto, Tentaciones and Espuma, they're off my list. Much like getting part or your anatomy caught in your sipper. You only need to experience that once to know you don't want to again.

Which brings up Ortilla's on Las Gatas, the notorious place that likes to pad your bill and then plead mistaken innocence, only to be backed up and supported by the owner. Yes, you do have some personal responsibility to check your bill for accuracy, but not to the point where it is acceptable if they can and do knowingly get away with bogus charges. "Buyer beware"!

Reply to: Pick your top 3
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo
Recent Conversations