We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

puerto vallarta to manzanillo - mazitland or ixtapa

vancouver british...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
puerto vallarta to manzanillo - mazitland or ixtapa

We are going to puerto vallarta for two weeks and was wandering if anyone new if there were ferries to and of the places I have mentioned. How far it is and is there any ferry day trips to any of these resorts. cindyloo

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: puerto vallarta to manzanillo - mazitland or ixtapa

No ferries from PV to Manzanillo or Ixtapa. Ixtapa is a 12 hour ( over 450 miles) bus trip. Manzanillo is about 4 on the same bus. only ferries I am aware of is La Paz to Mazatlan which takes cars. Reservations are a must & I would recommend a cabin. At one time there was one La Paz to PV but I believe that one no longer runs.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,235 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: puerto vallarta to manzanillo - mazitland or ixtapa

Just to add to that. You can also take a bus, from the bus station to Mazatlan. It takes about 5-7 hours. Mexico, like Canada, is pretty big..

I'm quite sure there are no ferries except for the one from Mazatlan to LaPaz. Just various boat excursions to nearby beaches in the Puerto Vallarta area.

3. Re: puerto vallarta to manzanillo - mazitland or ixtapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 06:46