We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

using ATMs

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
using ATMs

are the ATMs bilingual?? ( i don't read spanish) and how much are the transaction fees, if any?? thank you

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,713 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: using ATMs

Fees depend on your bank and its relationship with the Mex bank. Ask your bank. Independent ATM's usually add an extra fee. If you find one without English you will easily figure out what it says. The amount will be in Pesos so if you want equivalent of $US200 you punch in 2500 for 2500 Pesos.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: using ATMs

Most I've seen are in both languages, remember the numbers are pesos not dollars

The local fee varies, mostly about 27 pesos, much less than what your bank's fee is, unless it is associate with a bank in Mexico with zero fees.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: using ATMs

Instructions are in Spanish and English.

I don't read Spanish either and have never had a problem using them over the years.

Be sure to inform your bank of the dates you'll be in Mexico so they do not get suspicious and shut off the card.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
458 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: using ATMs

Just go slow they are in both english and Spanish last week i was paying 29 pesos for a fee it is a little over $2.00 USD I prefer ATM machines attached to a bank be a bit leery of free standing machines that are not bank affiliated

5. Re: using ATMs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2013, 15:14