We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from the airport

canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from the airport

Okay, I am a little on the dumb side today, apologies but I have tried to post this question before, hope I haven't double posted. But....can someone explain the following to me? In getting a taxi from the airport to our resort where exactly would I find a porter? Also, will he take me and my bags to the appropriate taxi, do they all typically understand english or do I need a crash course in Spanish? Tipping 20 - 50 pesos per bag appropriate or not? Also, if I were looking for the taxi booths where would I look? Is the porter the better way to go? We would like to get out of the airport and on our way to the resort in the quickest, stress free way, therefore definitely would like to avoid any unecessary delays. We will be arriving the evening, is that typically a slower time at the airport? Thank you all for your info.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
151 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from the airport

After you get through security walk directly out towards the front doors. Do not get sidetracked by the sales people. There are kiosks (stands) near the exit doors that I believe say "Taxi". Go there they will ask your destination and pay the fee, then they will take you to a taxi. I do tip the driver. The cost is more than a typical city taxi but these taxi's are regulated by the government and it is a vacation tax if you will. It is actually a pretty quick and easy process. I tried to fight the higher cost the first time or two to PV but you quickly realize it is just part of the system and it's easier to pay and get to your hotel. I hope you have a great trip.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,484 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from the airport

The porters are located right after you clear customs and the red/green light. I doubt many of them speak much English, but they certainly understand taxi. Sometimes they take us to the booth, and sometimes straight out to an airport taxi where I just pay the driver who pays at the exit booth, either way it is quick and easy.

I give him 50 pesos ($5 if I don't have pesos yet) for our 3 bags. They make no wages other than tips.

Gaylord, Minnesota
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from the airport

See the top questions on the top right, this should answer all of your questions

Farmington, Missouri
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from the airport

Be sure to continue straight through the big white room until you get to the taxi booths. I had read all of the posts before our first trip and I still almost got pulled in by a time-sales job. They will tell you, for example: you can't check into your hotel unless you go through them, you will get ripped-off if you don't stop, they are the drivers for your hotel.......DO NOT STOP. Put on your best mean-face and keep a steady pace out the doors. Once you are in the taxi area, they are only trying to get you in a taxi, not sell you. When we finally made it out, the young man said,"Madame, you may relax now. I am only going to get you a taxi!"

5. Re: Taxi from the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2013, 15:04