We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Palmares condos.

salt lake city
Level Contributor
125 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Los Palmares condos.

Has any one stayed in the Los Palmares condos south of PV on Punta Negra beach? any info about the area, beach, condos etc. would be appreciated. It looks nice, I'm trying to find a condo on a nice beach close enough to PV for transportation but not in the midst of the noise and tourism.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Palmares condos.

I stayed in the Los Palmares condos in May 2005, and it was fabulous! It's located about 10 minutes outside of main (downtown) PV, and was a PERFECT location, because it was away from all the noise, commotion, tourism, yet close enough that we could make a trip to the shops and restaurants whenever we wanted. A bus stops directly out front of Los Palmares (just make sure you have some coins to pay for it). Or, you can take a taxi for about $5-$10 bucks. The front desk will help you arrange any transportation, activities, etc. And they're not working on commission (won't try to sell you any expensive tours or anything)...they are just incredibly helpful, friendly, pleasant, and a terrific resource. Omar was the concierge when we went there, and he was by far the most helpful person I've ever run into on a vacation. Our trip would not have been as wonderful without his numerous suggestions and loads of advice for us. Los Palmares is about halfway between downtown and the rock structure "Los Arcos"...we could see Los Arcos, the beach, and the ocean from our balcony, which was HUGE, and was accessible from the living room, the guest bedroom, AND the master bedroom...so views from every room. The kitchen was fully equipped, so we went to the grocery store (and a nearby SAM's club) and made lots of meals and margaritas at the condo. If you want to go into town to a nice restaurant one night, i recommend Daiquiri Dicks, right on the beach. Also...the infiniti pool looks right out at the beach, which is completely vendor-free and uncrowded, so you have your choice of sitting in the pool and gazing out at the ocean, or laying on the beach.

Los Palmares can't be beat...all of the other condos and hotels we saw looked run down and shabby in comparison to Los Palmares. If I travel to PV again, I won't even consider staying anywhere else :)

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
204 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Palmares condos.

Thanks for the info sunseeker. Our travel plans for this October initially included a stay at a condo in Conchas Chinas, but the unit has been sold. The realtor we are working with reps for 2 units at Los Palmares, and we booked there, in part from your positive reivew. Do you have any pics posted online of the unit you stayed in, or the grounds and area?

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Palmares condos.

Hey R&D, we booked through Boutique Villas and you can see pics of the unti we stayed in at "www.boutiquevillas.com", click on "condos", click on "2 bedrooms", click on "los palmares 701".

As you can see, the furnishings are simple but nice. The bed coverings are basic, but of course you don't need a fluffy down comforter in Mexico! There are a lot of nice features that you can't see from the pics...a nice large dining table with marble top, window that opens off of the dining room w/ view of los arcos, master bedroom w/ walk-in closet, master bath with soaking tub (although we never used it), shower/toilet area is separate from sink/mirror area, which is nice if you're sharing the bathroom.

The complex is just very nice and well maintained, so I wouldn't worry about some units being nice, and others being poorly maintained (as is the case with many condo complexes!). We looked in a few other units (which were for sale at the time) and they were even nicer than 701.

Being on 7th floor was nice as the lobby (main floor) is really the 3rd or 4th floor. So all floors above that have expansive views and it's nice and quiet.

The main reasons for my positive recommendations of this property: location, well maintained grounds, nice private beach and pool, and what seemed to be very attentive management.

Hope you enjoy your trip! :)

Arkansas
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Palmares condos.

Did you end up staying at Los Palmares? If so, would you please tell me what you thought and any input you might have. We have 2 30 something year old couples thinking about staying there next year and any information would be great. Thanks.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
204 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Palmares condos.

hogs33, we stayed at Los Palmares for 8 nights in October. I would highly recommend it, we had a great condo, and were quite satisfied with our stay, with the exception of our phone getting disconnected halfway thru our stay. Tho we took lots of pics, I haven't gotten around to posting them yet, but if you have any questions, or would like to see some images, please email me at rossk41 at yahoo dot com.

Arkansas
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Palmares condos.

I tried contacting you at the yahoo account, but I didn't receive a reply...so I'll try this again. Here are some questions

about the Los Palmares resort. First off, did you

feel safe there? How was the staff, were they helpful

or very attentive. I understand that the resort is a

little outside of town...what do you think of that?

We've never been to Puerto Vallarta, so I just am not

sure about where we should stay. Were the beach,

pool, and condo clean? Can you get into the ocean or

is it too rough? Is it fairly easy to get into town

for dinner or a night out? What website/travel agency

did you go through to rent the condo you stayed in?

Finally, what is your overall opinion of the condos

and the pros and cons?

Thank you so much for your help and information.

7. Re: Los Palmares condos.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 16:53