We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malecon

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Malecon

Ok, so did the Malecon get completed in time for the Pan America games in October?

Statues back in place yet?

I would like to have 2 "Yes" responses to the questions :-)))

Batavia, Illinois
Level Contributor
186 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malecon

Sorry...just came home Sunday & no where near it. It will be nice when finished though.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malecon

According to Rick on VS, city hall has posted the new completion date is November 15th.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
188 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malecon

As of last week, most of the Bustamante statue was back up. Looks like the friendship fountain (dolphins) will be relocated to the far (south) side of the amphitheatre.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
267 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malecon

Found this link from Yesterday with pictures......................

pvpulse.com/en/news/news-from-banderas-bay/t…

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,631 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malecon

I think the Malecon looks better than that article would lead one to think....at this stage. The article is pretty negative and it's as if the photographer only took selective pictures. At least it's walkable now. :-)

This video was taken on about September 29, and looks much better than what that article portrays even two weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA6gJWgj7h0

michigan
Level Contributor
746 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malecon

Is the Malecon being widened or is it being extended farther? The pictures confused me?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,948 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Malecon

dee - it was completely razed and rebuilt in its entirety from the Rosita Hotel all the way to the amphitheatre.

michigan
Level Contributor
746 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malecon

Is the entire way only for pedestrians or will there be traffic in front of the stores?

Have all of the sculptures been preserved?

Is there still enough sand/beach for the sand sculptures?

We don't come to PV until March so I don't keep up in the boards and I was surprised by this!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malecon

There's space for traffic and the statues will be re-installed, less beach area, but they put a mini breakwater out by the Oceana building that should produce a better beach.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malecon

Of course it will get finished, just what year! I stood by the pier last Jan 8th, and the engineer told us the pier will be complete by Feb 1. I left Mar 15 and guess what? It's just hard to believe any completion date in Mexico.