We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condohotel Villa del Mar, Puerto Vallarta

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Condohotel Villa del Mar, Puerto Vallarta

We traded our timeshare for a week at Villa del Mar........I've read some very negative reports on their sister resort - Villa del Palmar, and I'm wondering if I should expect the worst, or if anyone has any experience at the Villa del Mar.

Thanks,

Naunie

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condohotel Villa del Mar, Puerto Vallarta

Friends of ours have a timeshare there and have gone there every year for about 10 years, in March. They love it. I wouldn't worry.

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condohotel Villa del Mar, Puerto Vallarta

I have been to the Villa del Mar and/or the Villa del Palmar about a dozen times over the last 10 years and I am going again in April. I actually prefer the del Mar over the Palmar. Obviously, I have no complaints otherwise I wouldn't keep going back and no I don't own a timeshare there. Just remember you make what your vacation is. Don't read too much into those negative reviews.

If you have any other specific questions you can email me directly at palapa_gal(at)hotmail.com. Just put Villa del Mar in the subject line so I know it's not junk mail.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condohotel Villa del Mar, Puerto Vallarta

thanks for your input. As it turns out, I've had to change my reservation to the Villa del Palmar Flamingo - I needed a larger unit than was available at del Mar.

I appreciate your taking the time.

Horsham...
Level Contributor
842 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condohotel Villa del Mar, Puerto Vallarta

Villa del Palmar Flamingo is beautiful. IMHO the only negative is being out in Nuevo Vallarta which doesn't have the same Mexican ambience and hospitality, is so far from town, the wonderful restaurants and the malecon. Make sure you go into town a few times, it's a great experience. You are not too far from Bucerias where you can also find some great restaurants on the beach.