We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holy Week 2014, I just booked April 15-25!

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Holy Week 2014, I just booked April 15-25!

I found a great deal which I'm sure will soon not be available. If you want to go to Mazatlan during Holy Week you have to book early or pay a fortune. So just a head's up to all you Holy Week diehards; I'll be in town from April 15-25. I will be staying at the El Cid Moro in the 1 bedroom suite. Reno to Mazatlan via Phoenix on US-Air 10 nights at Moro 1 bedroom suite , all-inclusive for 1450.00! Too good to resist! See you all there!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holy Week 2014, I just booked April 15-25!

Good for you! Have fun!

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holy Week 2014, I just booked April 15-25!

Thanks Judy. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holy Week 2014, I just booked April 15-25!

Tony~ Have you ever been to Mazatlan during Semana Santa? We are going to be at the RIU Emerald Bay from 4/23-4/29 which is kinda separated from "Mazatlan", do you know if the party goes on up there? We are there the week after Easter so do you think it will die down a little? I just pretended I was going to book a room and there are NONE available. We just booked last week and my husband was thinking we should cancel due to the festivities but it looks like a good time. As long as we can lay out, swim, drink and eat we'll be happy! Any info appreciated on this are on Playa Bruja.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holy Week 2014, I just booked April 15-25!

While it may be busier than normal near the RIU during Semanta Santa, it's not at all a problem there or at Playa Bruja. Certainly no one should cancel a visit because of it. Then during your time the week after Easter the only thing unusual would be Moto Week, and I doubt you'll even notice. With the exception of an occasional motorcycle that far down Cerritios, Moto Week is almost exclusively a Malacon thing.

Edited: 07 March 2014, 23:45
Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holy Week 2014, I just booked April 15-25!

Ahamlin1972 - Do NOT cancel your trip!! It might be more busy than usual, but it will be good. Especially at the all inclusive RIU. Most festivities will be held on the Malecon. You are not separate from Mazatlan either. Mazatlan is a big city. You are only a 10-15 mins taxi drive to the Golden Zone area (touristy stuff), and then a little bit more for the Malecon or Centro. Enjoy!

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,485 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holy Week 2014, I just booked April 15-25!

Auamz: Moto week is huge. While it started out to be a "Malecon thing," they are all over town. Last year I doubt that there were any of the resorts that did not have bikers registered. We went out to Roys at Bruja for ribs and it was filled with bikers. I'm not complaining--just saying that they pretty much move all over town. Some really beautiful and unusual bikes.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Holy Week 2014, I just booked April 15-25!

Thanks for fleshing out the information Mazexp.

What I was trying to say is the official activities for Moto Week occur in Olas Altas through the Malecon area, or the open lot next to Valentino's. Other than a occasional roar from a motorcycle starting in the parking lot or riding by, folks like ahamlin staying out at the RIU aren't likely to be affected much, if at all.

It should also be mentioned as almost everything in Mexico is family oriented, Moto Week is no exception. All types of motorcycles show up from the air brushed Harley to Ninja style bikes, three wheelers, dirt racers, side car classics, BMW travel machines, you name it. You'll even see ATV's and mopeds...LOL Tons of families show up for the parades, and this is a party for everybody.

To be clear Moto Week is the antithesis of a "Biker Gang" thing. The reality couldn't be more different, and the atmosphere could reasonably be compared to being like Carnival...on two wheels. The first link below is a history of Moto Week from the Mazatlan My City website. Also make sure to watch the You Tube video showing the Grand Parade from a vantage point at the start of Olas Altas:

mazatlanmycity.com/feature-stories/11-la-vid…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U8U-4t2LR0

Edited: 09 March 2014, 00:05
8. Re: Holy Week 2014, I just booked April 15-25!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 10:46