We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Day Pass

Elizabeth City...
Level Contributor
734 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Day Pass

I don't have a particular hotel in mind so I'm open to suggestions. Would like a nice beach & pool and not too far from the cruise ship. What do the day passes usually cost?

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Day Pass

Mazatlan resorts don't have day passes. I pool hop all the time. Just walk in like you own the place, grab a beach chair, order a drink and soak up the sun. I have never heard of anyone being kicked out--unless they were rowdy. The only exception is Semana Santa when the places are packed and some resorts issue plastic wrist ID's. My favorite is the Inn at Mazatlan. Get off the cruise ship, catch a pulmonia to The Inn at Mazatlan. Have the Consierge there call Aroma Spa and get you a massage appointment for later in the afternoon. And when you are ready, take another taxi to the Aroma Spa. A great day in port and you haven't paid for an expensive excursion (where ALL the tourists go).

Mentioned in this post
Mazatlan
Mazatlan
Sinaloa, Mexico
The Inn at Mazatlan
The Inn at Mazatlan
767 Reviews
Mazatlan, Mexico
Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Day Pass

I have stayed at El cid several times and when the cruise ships come in there are always several of their passengers enjoying the poolside amenities...No problem!

Ontario
Level Contributor
3,022 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Day Pass

Good advice so far - hotels are pretty laid back about who they are selling drinks to!! The hotels mentioned are in the Golden Zone, five or six miles from the dock. Hardly "not to far" but lots of taxis - I'm guessing five to ten dollars US one way (anyone?)

The "best" tourist spots are El Cid, and Las Flores - nice facilities and lots of beach action. Las Flores is so "good" that most of the cruise ship tours to the Golden Zone go there, so you may want to head elsewhere?

Mentioned in this post
Golden Zone
Golden Zone
394 Reviews
Mazatlan, Mexico
Las Flores Beach Resort
Las Flores Beach Resort
309 Reviews
Mazatlan, Mexico
Washington State USA
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Day Pass

"Good advice so far - hotels are pretty laid back about who they are selling drinks to!! The hotels mentioned are in the Golden Zone, five or six miles from the dock. Hardly "not to far" but lots of taxis - I'm guessing five to ten dollars US one way (anyone?)"

Rates as they should be for TAXIS, info provided by a noted expert around here (mazbook, no?):

"TAXIS: The taxis (and pulmonias) have rates that are set by the city. Taxis are closely inspected, so you're a bit more likely to get the "real" rate quoted by a taxi driver. Pulmonias don't seem to be regularly checked, their initial price is always much higher than a taxi.

OK, since you guys are all tourists and very obviously NOT an inspector from the city or the taxi union, just how do YOU get the correct price, or at least a reasonable one?

It's a lot easier if you have some basic knowledge, which most tourists don't, of what the cost SHOULD be. The rule is that it's $20 pesos for anywhere within a zone, then $10 additional pesos for each additional zone. That makes a cab from anywhere in the Golden Zone to anywhere in the Golden Zone $20 pesos. Since I'm not very familiar with the zones north of the El Cid main complex, I'm going to call anything north of El Cid and south of the Marina a different zone. That makes the $20 peso zone extend south from El Cid to the big Valentino's restaurant/entertainment complex.

From the Golden Zone south to the Fisherman's monument SHOULD BE $30 pesos. On south to the downtown, central market cathedral, the historic area, or even as far as the sport-fishing fleet docks or the embarcadero to Stone Island, $40 pesos. If your hotel is north of the El Cid, add $10 pesos to these prices. If you're north of the Marina, add $20 pesos (but many of the hotels north of the marina have a list of the correct prices posted, I'M TOLD)."

You're welcome!

Please pass it around, let's do what we can to normalize the (FAIR) cost of getting around in Mazatlan.

Lar

Mentioned in this post
Golden Zone
Golden Zone
394 Reviews
Mazatlan, Mexico
Mazatlan
Mazatlan
Sinaloa, Mexico
5. Re: Hotel Day Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 00:46