We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Mazatlan

Arkansas
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Mazatlan

Now I'm nervous. I just booked a stay at Playa Mazatlan today for after Christmas and now one person said that the beach is pretty eroded away in front of this motel. Has anyone been there recently that can tell me how the beach is there? That was the reason I chose this motel because it had lounge chairs down on what looked like a nice beach, by the photos. Does anyone know?

Rancho Mirage...
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Mazatlan

yes I stayed there last christmas and it was fine there was plenty of beach there it had eroded away a little compared to years past and ive heard it lost a little more after i left but it should be fine I am going back again this christmas staying at the playa hopefully the beach has returned the locals say it will that this happens every few years

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Mazatlan

The Playa is an excellent choice. The beach had eroded, but more sand was brought in and when I left in May it was fine. It happens sometime there. The owner blames it on the breakwater put up near Los Flores Hotel.

Ontario
Level Contributor
3,022 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Mazatlan

Yup, could well be that breakwater! On the other hand, I am sure the owner of Las Flores loves the way that breakwater keeps the beach in front of Las Flores!!

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Mazatlan

Pancho blames the breakwater too!

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Mazatlan

Check out my photos of the Playa beach.

I was there in March, it has eroded but they have a wall that contains the replaced sand. So you just have a couple of steps down to the water.

6. Re: Playa Mazatlan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 00:47