We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question for mazexpert

Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
492 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
question for mazexpert

We just booked our airfare to maz for the last week of Sept. We know this is "low season'.. we have been to maz 4 times and have stayed at the Playa.. we re thinking of just coming in and finding a room when we get there. My husband is a musician and brought his blues band " the Blues bullies " to town during moto week and performed at the Plaza ..so made many friends doing this..we would kinda like to hotel hop.. what do you think of this idea? A few days at the Playa..a couple at a downtown hotel maybe also up north ..like the faro? could we expect to get deals this way ??

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question for mazexpert

I am not sure if this will get you 'good deals' or not, but other than dragging your "stuff", it is a good way to see the town! Being an old blues drummer, let me know, in advance, if you intend to do that again! Depending on what kind of music I was playing, I always said there are only two kinds of music. Fill in the blanks, ________ and _________

(Rock and Roll), (Country and Western), (Rhythm and Blues).

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,668 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question for mazexpert

To answer your question, September is about the lowest month of the year for tourists--The Mexicans are back in school and the NOB tourists will not be there until close to November. Yes, you can negotiate and get better prices at hotels and definately will not need reservations. I suggest you start the negotiations with the reservation clerk--then ask to speak to the manager. The manager can give the best deal. Good luck.

Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
492 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question for mazexpert

Falconroger..Interesting.. the band is coming back next year for motoweek..so you may have a chance to see them.. since he retired from his day job he has all bases covered.. a rok & roll band "the Tommyrockers" a country band "Powderkeg" and the blues band.. this way he's booked for 3-4- jobs per week! We are excited about the hotel hop thing ..it's not so much the deal getting.. as the possibility of not getting rooms.. the second post pretty much assured us this plan will work.. Thanks

4. Re: question for mazexpert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 01:49
Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan