We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cid Marina

San Diego...
Level Contributor
337 posts
7 reviews
El Cid Marina

Ok so we booked El Cid Marina (thanks for the replies). Going to go with the all inclusive. Is the elite worth it? Thanks in advance

8 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,175 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: El Cid Marina

I wouldn't do AI anywhere in Mazatlán. Too many great places to eat outside the walls. But that's me

Henderson, NV and...
Level Contributor
592 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: El Cid Marina

Unless you're traveling with children or you like to drink alot, it's not worth it. There are 2 types of AI. Some you can use at other El Cid properties and allow you to use different restaurants. There are so many wonderful restaurants in Mazatlan that are very reasonable. I think it's better to venture out and explore the true Mazatlan.

Not worth it for me either.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,590 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: El Cid Marina

I am not sure what elite is, maybe use of all the El Cid resorts?

We always book at least three days ( we usually stay 10 or 11 days ) of A I when at the P B resorts, anymore than that gets too repetitive, & find it to be well worth the $$.

It also gives us the opportunity to try the great meals served at the many other restaurants in Mazatlán.

Regardless, go have fun, & let us know what you think of Mazatlan.

Morris, Illinois
Level Contributor
904 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: El Cid Marina

We find that the AI elite is not worth it, if you can gat the regular AI at the right price you can have drinks and snacks at the resort and still go out every evening for dinner. Some people will try to make you feel like AI guests are chained to the resort and that just isn't true, you can still go anywhere you like..

San Diego...
Level Contributor
337 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: El Cid Marina

Believe me we always venture out plenty and eat and drink at numerous places but when relaxing at a resort we love the easiness of AI. Through RCI right now, the price is so low it will more than pay for itself in drinks alone. Our profile picture is of when we got married at Pueblo Bonito in Mazatlan, excited to go back and see all the changes! Thanks for the replies.

M T
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: El Cid Marina

The Elite AI really only gets you premium liquor and food off the menu (lobster, jumbo shrimp, filet mignon etc...). With it at the Marina, you can enjoy all that the other El Cid's have (really only the Cascadia restaurant in the El Moro and access to the "owners pool").........I think your internet may also be included.

Bear in mind, that could be dated information. We haven't stayed there for the last 2 years (rented condos instead) and the last time we took the elite was about 5 years ago.

The regular suffices nicely for snacks, breakfasts, poolside drinks and the odd meal when you're too tired to venture out.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
71 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: El Cid Marina

My wife and I had the Elite option a few years ago. It was the first beach place I could talk her into after she had some major surgery. It was a wonderful experience. We visited all the El Cid properties and we were treated as VIPs. No food restrictions, special pool and restaurants, Exactly what was needed. I am usually a "Do the math! kinda guy, but sometimes you have to pamper the ones you love. I will always remember the kindness of El Cid's Norma, a very kind and generous person.

If you are looking for something memorable, I encourage you to contact the folks at the El Cid properties..

Edited: 16 November 2018, 08:56
Minnesota
Level Contributor
71 posts
42 reviews
8. Re: El Cid Marina

Sorry, I should have started with this. We stayed at the El Cid Moro in a great 25th floor condo. However, loved to take the shuttle or walk to the El Cid Marina to spend the day - great food, beautiful grounds, perfect pools and friendly staff. Worth it to take the boat over to a quiet beach. That was the value of the Elite package. Wherever we went, we were treated as VIPs.

Reply to: El Cid Marina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted