We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina Vacation Club

Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Marina Vacation Club

Please note this is a scam presentation. This presentation is a scam, when you don't buy into their bogus fraction owning and/or don't want to fall for their we will buy your points scam they usher you out fast to front gate. We asked about our promised $300 U.S. and they tell you the driver will take care of that. Long story short BEWARE and stay away. I've done some research and they change names frequently. Currently Marina Vacation club, it is a shell resort, the furniture in model is old cracked leather. Just past the bridge of El Cid Marina on right side. When I started taking pics man came out even though I was on street and threatened to take my phone. Stay away don't be duped locals seem to know this is going on when I mentioned at restaurant they knew exactly which fake resort I was talking about. Been going on for years. Never received promised gift and read online how some lost $ to scam.

7 replies to this topic
Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Marina Vacation Club

Sorrry you got buped into going to this place but am happy you got out with the shirt on your back, many don't

You are right this has been going on for years & seems there is no way to shut these places down they just re-occur

with a new name.

There are 2-3 others that operate in much the same manner so the old adage buyer beware should be followed closely when

dealing with timeshares / fractional ownership properties

There are some that are ok but remember you can buy many of the same properties for pennies on the dollar on the internet

Edited: 17 January 2018, 23:14
M T
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Marina Vacation Club

I always tell the timesharks Vivo aqui

(of course that doesn't work if you've got a resort bracelet on or uncovered)

Madison Lake...
Level Contributor
249 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Marina Vacation Club

I'm glad you posted this, I was going to as well for others to be aware of this place and the guys on the street. We kept seeing them (they drive around in a little silver car and hope out when they see their next victims...) and every time they would solicit us. They are not that smart. The new deal with the timeshare sharks is to get the money UP FRONT! They will do it to get you to go! But if you do not qualify for the meeting for the various reasons they come up with, expect them to be getting their money back!! LOL It's such a shady deal now........ Cheers!!

4. Re: Marina Vacation Club

They have now changed their name to Dream vacations club. It's a scam. It seems to food to be true. When you are ready to leave, you are told the driver has everything. Soon as you go toward the driver, the gate is locked behind you. Same silver Nissan driving around. Guess I should have known better. The paperwork that lists what you receive does not have the name of the "Vacation Club". Before we left they offered us 5 years - 15 weeks of vacations PLUS 10 round trip airline tickets. All this for $1700. Right! That was when I was certain it was a scam.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
213 reviews
5. Re: Marina Vacation Club

Sadly these people are taking the playbook from the Grand Miramar in PVR to the letter and moved it to Mazatlan.. Complete to the resale of your existing property toward the purchase of theirs. In 60 days they promise to resell your property through a escrow company in Chicago and the funds you spend today will be reimbursed. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. You will not see a dime, plus be out your purchase price and in 60 days the "escrow Company " will disappear. 60 days happens to coincide with the time frame for most credit card disputes as well so by the time you realize you have been scammed it is far more difficult to get a refund... If in doubt check the reviews on the Grand Miramar in Puerto Vallarta. These scams need to be identified and people be made aware BEFORE they make a costly mistake.... Richard Bounds ( currently in Playa Del Carmen) has had a hand in training these folks to perpetrate the exact same scam. Buyer beware...You will be parted from your money and possibly your existing property as well. After many years of practice in Puerto Vallarta AND Playa Del Carmen these folks are now in Mazatlan.. They also promise $300 US to attend and even scam you on that. Make absolutely sure to get the full amount paid up front BEFORE you walk in. Take their money but under no circumstances would I suggest you buy anything. IF you have any further doubts I suspect since they have just started up here there will be an avalanche of reviews coming in the next 60 days. Protect yourself. DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT here or you will be very sorry and poorer...I can't stress enough that this is not legitimate. There is no resale value for any timeshare regardless of what they say , also if you are involved I can already say the next step will be a buy back option with a tax involved. There is no tax on timeshare resales. Once again please protect yourself. Read the 100s of reviews on the Grand Miramar in PVR if you are still not convinced...EXACTLY the same scam. As soon as I mentioned the Grand Miramar here they could not get us out the door fast enough and didn't even pay us the full amount agree to for attending a presentation. He was going to send us a email explaining the program. No surprise he never got back to us.... Almost laughable that he criticized the ethics of the people at the Grand Miramar when the Marina Vacation Club are doing EXACTLY the same thing...Eric said it was making business harder for him. I'll bet , especially once everyone knows they are perpetrating the exact same scam...You have been warned....I've done the best I can to help protect Canadian and Americans coming to Mazatlan...

losangeles
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
6. Re: Marina Vacation Club

A street salesperson tried again to get me to go to a presentation at the Marina condos or whatever they now call themselves. When I said I already attended, he asked if received my promised gift. When I said no, he laughed and said oh well.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Marina Vacation Club

This scam may be similar to the Grand Miramar in P V but these folks have been in Mazatlán for years. They change names of their product semi yearly or more & continue to get people in the door regardless of how many posts are made about it

I wish people would check these guys out before they buy instead of after.

Reply to: Marina Vacation Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted