We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on Ocean Park Condos?

Martinez, California
Level Contributor
391 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Opinions on Ocean Park Condos?

So, I've been looking into travelling to Huatulco for several years now, and it looks like this year, New Year's week, will finally be the time. Yay!

My husband and I will likely be travelling with another couple and are strongly considering Ocean Park Condos. This will be a first time to the area for all of us, and we like to be right in the middle of things. Is Ocean Park a good bet for us? Opinions pro or con?

Also, if anyone has any recommendations on specific units, I'd love to hear them. I see on one of the rental sites, you can choose which unit you are interested in, of the ones available, but I have no idea of the layout of the complex.

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinions on Ocean Park Condos?

Lots of discos in the proximity of Ocean Park. Can be pretty noisy at night. OP is a nice complex. There are a few ocean view units. Check out Sueno Del Mar. Very nice complex. Bit more central being on Chahue Playa. Water is more challenging than Santa Cruz.

Martinez, California
Level Contributor
391 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinions on Ocean Park Condos?

Thanks, I'll take a look at it. Part of the appeal of Santa Cruz is the nice water, though. I'm hoping to be able to just walk out and snorkel a bit. I know I can take a taxi anywhere, but it can be a bit of a challenge to get my husband moving in the morning, so easy access is a plus for me.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinions on Ocean Park Condos?

You can walk from SDM to playa Santa Cruz in less than 5 minutes. Agree though its nice to be close. We stayed at the Castillo years ago but not its too noisy at night. Also depends upon the time of year.

Each to her/his own but you will love HUX ether way.

Martinez, California
Level Contributor
391 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinions on Ocean Park Condos?

Thanks, I'm confident that you're right and we will love it!

You don't happen to know which units are the ocean view at OP, do you?

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinions on Ocean Park Condos?

Sorry, do not know but will PM to you a contact who manages 2 units and can give you the contact for the administrator.

Martinez, California
Level Contributor
391 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Opinions on Ocean Park Condos?

Great, thanks!

Reply to: Opinions on Ocean Park Condos?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted