We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Velero & Galeon Condo

seattle
Level Contributor
67 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Velero & Galeon Condo

Does anyone have information about the Briggs condo. What is it like there. I have read the posts from RonVal and it talks about the Gordon one, and there is only one post stating that the view was great on the Briggs condo. Any other info. Has anyone else been there.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Velero & Galeon Condo

I don't recall talking about the Gordon condo (at least not from any personal-experience point-of-view). The unit which I rented in May/'07 (off-season) was owned by folks from New York state. [Their son handles the bookings for them; and he's a good man - so far as I'm concerned.] Honestly, I don't think I could have found a nicer unit. Lucked out, IMO.

Regarding the Briggs' "penthouse" unit (which is the one I assume you're referring to) ... I've looked at the online info for that numerous times; but I have no personal knowledge to offer.

I suggest, however, that you P(rivate) M(essage) the TripAdvisor member "SJO-ACA-OGG" ... as he/she still appears to be active here on the forums. His/her comments re the Briggs condo seem very sincere & honest (IMO) - and I'm sure you could get the answers you're looking for by sending a short note. Travelers, I've found, typically enjoy talking about places they really like - be it a condo, a hotel, a restaurant, or a destination in general.

Here's a link to SJO-ACA-OGG's profile-page. Just click the "Send Message" icon - and ask away.

tripadvisor.com/members-forums/SJC-ACA-OGG

RonVal

seattle
Level Contributor
67 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Velero & Galeon Condo

Thank you. I am doing that right now :} When are you going down there again.??

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Velero & Galeon Condo

Still "hoping" for our usual January trip ... but it's looking less and less promising as the weeks tick away. Acapulco package-prices are much higher than in previous years ... and, like most, we try to keep ourselves within a reasonable budget. [Same package that we've done for the last four Januarys is still running about $1600 "more" - due in large part to the fact that our hotel-of-choice hasn't come out with any early-booking specials ... as they generally do.]

If nothing pops up by month's end, we'll probably book something in the Caribbean (either St. Lucia - or Isla Mujeres, CUN).

... unless our local (Acapulco) Realtor-friend can find us a good deal on a private rental. Who knows.

In any event, let us know how you make out on your contact with SJO-ACA-OGG. Geez, maybe they could stop by here at the forum when they get a chance - and post a short write-up on that Paraiso penthouse. I'd be interested in learning more.

Good Luck, again.

RonVal

seattle
Level Contributor
67 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Velero & Galeon Condo

I am sure wherever you are going it will be wonderful. Our first trip to ACA was in 1968. We traveled for one month after the Olympic Games. We sold our 62 Austin Healy to pay for us to go.

I remember, very well, the old ElMirador, and parties at the Paridiso Club on the beach. Since then we have been there about 3 or 4 times. One of those trips my husband got stung by a sting ray in the surf. Lime juice and his foot in hot sand helped and so did the pharmacy. He was incredibly ill but managed to recover in a couple of days.

I will give a report on things upon our return after Nov. 1. I will put on my reporter's hat.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
763 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Velero & Galeon Condo

There is a window in the bedroom but it looks out into the laundry room that is on the back side of the penthouse, also it faces the main street but you can not hear the traffic from here. The bedroom has a king bed and is very comfortable but the room is a little small and there is a separate a/c unit in there and the bathroom has a shower that is a good size, water pressure is a little low but it works. They do have a tv only in the living room with cable but we never used it, they can use a new cd player though. The deck is about the same size and the penthouse. Don’t know how many steps up from the elevator but the unit is on the roof and the other penthouses on the 14th floor are two stories so it’s a two story flight of stairs. No bar in pool area as this is a residential building but the Malibu next door is a hotel so they have an area between the fenced in area near the pool where you can buy drinks, lol, I thought that was great.

Minerva is the housekeeper and she shows up on Monday if you arrive on a Saturday and can cook for you but that is extra, we go down to the grocery store not to far from the penthouse. Minerva shows up around 9am. The kitchen is small and the gas stove does not have the highest flame but it works.

The building is very well kept but the penthouse is a little dated but for the price it was and is a find in our eyes, we also go to Wailea, Maui every year and the condo there is $505.00 per night and we stay there for 9 days. Oh, and they bring up a 5 gallon water bottle and the cost is like $1.50 or less.

We spend most of our time at the beach, go up north of the penthouse around the Fiesta Americana, the sand is much smoother here than at the penthouse, when we get back its drinks on the deck and the sunset view and they we cook diner and eat outside.

Last year we bought a small outdoor BBQ grill and grilled most of our dinners outside and Minerva washed that dang thing every time we used it, she is a gem.

seattle
Level Contributor
67 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Velero & Galeon Condo

Great input. Sounds like a special and unique find. I actually have never seen anything like this. You should post the pics you sent to me.

BBQ sounds like a great idea, infact I havn't seen any BBQ's in the pictures you see of other condos. Maybe it is not "in" like in the US

To hide away in a small romantic rooftop penthouse in such a beautiful city has got to be fun even if it has a couple of gliches. The price may be a little high, but perhaps they will negotiate that.

If I was going on a honeymoon, writing a book or wanted to paint this would be the place. (I'm a sucker for great terraces) But since I am not doing any of these, maybe just a nice place to lay back and do nothing.

I'll have to see about spending some time there, but I also want to go to a hotel for awhile. I think?

Gilmer, TX
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Velero & Galeon Condo

Anyone have information how to contact any other owners who may have appartments to lease at Velero & Galeon Condo? Maybe the condo office would have a list of owners who rent? How to contact the condo office?

We would like an appt. for 3 weeks sometime between 15 Jan. 09 to 3 March 09.

Charles in TX

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Velero & Galeon Condo

the office # for the Valero y Galeon is 744 484 2300, I'm assuming they must have a list of condo's for rent.

beverly hills
Level Contributor
218 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Velero & Galeon Condo

Also check on VRBO.com

seattle
Level Contributor
67 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Velero & Galeon Condo

We will be staying in the Briggs Penthouse next month for a few days (10/19-?) I will bring back a report on it. It seems very unique. Probably the perfect hide out in paradise. We will see.

I will check with the front desk to see how they do the rentals there too.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco