We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel not on the beach question

Logan, Utah
6 posts
Hotel not on the beach question

My hotel is NOT on the beach. I am wondering if there are fees to enter the beach or is it free? And are we allowed to bring our own alcohol drinks?

4 replies to this topic
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
8,448 posts
134 reviews
1. Re: Hotel not on the beach question

All beaches in Mexico are free and open to the public up to the high tide water line. That being said, you may have to walk down a very slim Corridor on a property line in order to gain access to a Beach.

Yes you may bring your own drinks. However most beaches will restrict the use of glass, so get your liquid refreshment in either cans or plastic bottles. Safe travels.

¡Diviertanse!

Edited: 12 June 2018, 16:34
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
6,546 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Hotel not on the beach question

Where are you staying?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
3. Re: Hotel not on the beach question

I guess somewhere on the 3 or 4 thousand miles of Pacific Coast beaches....

Lonestar, I believe the Federal Beach zone is 15 or 16 meters above the high tide line ........

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
8,448 posts
134 reviews
4. Re: Hotel not on the beach question

I have never heard that BiggE. In all my years of going to Mexico and Mexican Beach towns it has always been explained to me that all beaches are public up to the high-tide water line. You could be correct, I'm not saying that you are not; it is just that I have never heard any such thing. And btw, I have walked the narrow pathway / corridors along property lines many a time to gain access to a given beach!!

;)

Anyway.............

¡Diviértanse!

Edited: 13 June 2018, 08:03
Reply to: Hotel not on the beach question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted