We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety of Taxis at night in Rosarito and surrounding areas

1 post
Safety of Taxis at night in Rosarito and surrounding areas

A girlfriend and I are traveling to Rosarito (so we will be two women). We would like to take a taxi from our resort to downtown Rosarito (about 15 minutes away) in the evening. I'm curious:

1. How safe are taxis at night?

2. what can I expect to pay to travel about 15 minutes by taxi?

3. Are there more reputable taxi companies I should look for?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

4 replies to this topic
Tijuana, Mexico
Level Contributor
184 posts
1. Re: Safety of Taxis at night in Rosarito and surrounding areas

NOT SAFE! When the sun goes down, you must stay in your resort.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Tijuana, Anaheim
Level Contributor
4,384 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Safety of Taxis at night in Rosarito and surrounding areas

Which resort are you staying at? If there is a concierge you can possibly arrange private transport. And where in central Rosarito? The hotel?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Safety of Taxis at night in Rosarito and surrounding areas

Dont listen to geraldo.. He likes to scare tourist away from rosrarito and tijuana. He will probably pull some artice from somewere that happend to somebody in that certain place..and he will probably going to pull some sastice from the goverment website.and say this is how dangerous it is. From the government website los cabo is the number 1 most dangerous city.. In the world But if you go on there forum they tell a differn story. . Read all his post there all negative about tijuauna and parts of mexico..he has some kind of resentment..towards tourist...so make your own judgement frin

You can use uber too.. They have uber in english...i have co workers who are white female they go to rosarito a lot and they travel at night.. Me i like rosarito in the day time ..but my white female co workers like the night life there .. They have know problem..

Are you at los arcos i know that is a little bit further away from the main area...?

Make your own judgement from people experiences..not from news articles or numbers or sastice somebody might give

Edited: 15 October 2018, 21:16
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Safety of Taxis at night in Rosarito and surrounding areas

Uber from Tijuana to rosarito is about 16 dollars..like i said they have uber in english..

If you been to Tijuana and rosarito you proably have a sense whats its like.. But from a female perspective you might want to email trish and bree and there is few other females on this forum that have traveled solo to Tijuana pr further you might want to email them for a female perspective since they been solo

If you can find trishs post in the Tijuana forum i think she traveled tge most and explored at night too so you might want to pm her

Edited: 15 October 2018, 23:17
Reply to: Safety of Taxis at night in Rosarito and surrounding areas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted