We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Tour from San Diego to Ensenada

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Tour from San Diego to Ensenada

Does anybody know a bus tour company that goes from San Diego to Ensenada. We did a bus tour back in 2005 that picked us up from our hotel in San Diego and took us to Ensenada and then stopped off in Tijana and then back to San diego but I can't remember what bus company we used. Can anybody help please? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Ensenada
Ensenada
Ensenada Municipality, Mexico
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Tour from San Diego to Ensenada

I used google and found a listing for sdsun tours, but this appears to be a shuttle service rather than a tour : http://sdsuntours.com/ensenada_transportation

Also under google, I found baja tours that do a tour to Puerto Nuevo (Lobster Village) that is half way between Rosarito and Ensenada : http://www.bajatours.org/baja_lobster_tour

We live in W. LA and drive to Ensenada as often as possible for gourmet restaurants, the wine tasting and the Rosarito/Ensenada bike rides. If you enjoy wine/wine tasting and good food (for a fraction of the cost that it would be to do the same in CA), the Guadalupe Valley is not to be missed, although this may require you to rent a car from a company that allows the vehicle to be driven across the border.

Mentioned in this post
Rosarito
Rosarito
Baja California Norte, Mexico
Ensenada
Ensenada
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Tour from San Diego to Ensenada

Thank you for your advise. I have emailed Five Star Tours to ask if they do a tour to Ensenada. Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Ensenada
Ensenada
San Diego...
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Tour from San Diego to Ensenada

I'm traveling from SD to TIJ in two weeks and Five Star has terrible customer service. I'd be willing to pay a lot more and go with another company, but unfortunately I was unsuccesful in finding one. In a matter of a few months I recieved several different price quotes for the same transportation, stupid accomodations (wanted to put our group of 20 in a 49 passenger bus, when they have 29 passenger buses availabel) and awful response time to emails. The operation doesn't seem to be run very professionaly, but I fear you may be stuck with them like I am. Good luck.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Tour from San Diego to Ensenada

Calling all entrepreneurs, there seems to be a need for this type of transportation service!

Hopefully someone will read this, start up a transportation company.

Starshine, I hope you find the tour you are looking for. Enjoy beautiful Baja!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Tour from San Diego to Ensenada

I think the rub is starting a business involving Mexico. It's gotten more and more difficult lately as their laws get more and more complex and on top of that they're developing quite rapidily and want those business to be domestic (rightfully so). We'll see what happens this election year, but I know it's a priority for most of the candidates to revive attracting new international business into Mexico and allow new business to start and grow domestically. I know the taxi "union" thing down there can be very strict and they don't take too kindly to hordes of tourist crossing the border and not having to use their cabs. That alone I know is one major obsticle.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
6. Re: Bus Tour from San Diego to Ensenada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 20:12