We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a van for 10 people?

Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a van for 10 people?

My whole family will be in Ensenada for a day (cruise) and I would rather not go through the cruise tours. Anyone know of a place I can contact and book a can beforehand for 10 people to take us to La canadas/back to port? I’ve read posts regarding using Uber, but not sure if they’ll have one that’ll fit us all.

Mentioned in this post
Ensenada
Ensenada
Ensenada Municipality, Mexico
2 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a van for 10 people?

Two Ubers might work out great or pick up two taxi vans at the port (negotiate the price before getting into the car). If you tell them when you will be ready to leave La Canadas (and/or exchange phone numbers) they will likely be able to swing back around and pick you up and bring you back to port.

I'm unsure of any van companies, aside from the ones working out of Valle de Guadalupe that would be able to pick you up and drop you off, but someone else may be able to chime in with more information.

You are wise to go on your own, this will offer you alot of flexibility and if you can get your family up and out in the morning, you may be able to avoid the big crowds from the cruise. Not to mention, you'll be able to go at a fraction of the cost that the cruise charges.

Might be fun to ask your drivers about a local place to stop for lunch on the way back (be sure to buy your dirver(s) lunch too).

Have an amazing time in beautiful Ensenada!

Mentioned in this post
Valle de Guadalupe
Valle de Guadalupe
Ensenada
Ensenada
San Diego...
Level Contributor
882 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a van for 10 people?

Is it just the cruise ship that goes to ensenada and back or does the ship going to other places...

If your only going to ensenada for the day and back..if you live near san diego to los Angeles..if you cross the border to Tijuana there is this bus called the abc that goes to Tijuana to ensenada takes about an hour in half you will see some great views it cost about 11 to 12 dollars depending on the exchange rate. Once your there you can take uber to were you want to go. I think the have taxi vans like thing that will take you were you want to go into ensenada

First bus leaves at 6:30am and last buss leaves at 9:30pm both ways to and from tijuana the buses leave every half hour and there more comfortable than the grey hound...

I do like the night life too there.. If you had 10 people maybe you could a hotel room and spend the night instead of the cruise ship

Mentioned in this post
Tijuana
Tijuana
Baja California Norte, Mexico
Reply to: Renting a van for 10 people?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted